insurance...

bloodvayne

dddiggg
Oct 5, 2010
who do you guys use for insurance coverage?

the insurance my job is offering for dental and health will cost me $140 monthly just for me. there has to be cheaper alternatives.

thats dirt cheap. and they are paying the other $400 of that bill so be happy thats all your paying. Remember if you drop your employee covg you have to wait until the end of the year to re-enroll.

damn....its always been free everywhere else ive worked.

thought there might be better alternatives....maybe not.

It used to be that way but health insurance has gone nuts in the last 10 years. If it only goes up 10% a year thats a good year. The days of the free health insurance are virtually gone. Even the government employees have to pay part of the premiums.

What kind of coverage does that provide? As stated by everyone else that is super cheap... you may want to look at more expensive options.

I pay almost $1200/month between health and dental. Someone making just enough to be over the poverty line would be paying more than $120/month for the state forced (Massachusetts) health care.

That's about right for single coverge.

I pay a grand a month for my family plan (no dental). Thank god, da wife just landed a new gig and in 3 months I'm off the hook.