Initial Backlinking Strategy?

J-Dog

Quim Ninja
Jul 26, 2009
Thailand
I've been doing internet marketing for a little while now but am seriously lacking in the backlink department.

I'm having trouble getting my exact match domains to match in niches that rarely get more than 20k exact searches.

At the moment I am doing a few things here and there and differently for each site.

I've bought services from here, used tools like Article Marketing Robot, IM Automator and services from Odesk.

I think what I am lacking is a cohesive approach that I can work through for each site to get the ball rolling concerning movement in the SERPs.

Anyone got a plan of what usually works for them to get ranking?

Diversify. Take a look at my answer in your other thread if you don't know where to start (just blast your money site with everything I said hit the tier two with).

There are a few highly diverse packages in the SBT section. Just imitate some of the most popular ones if you need ideas.

Keep adding a steady amount of in bound links - Don't go overboard.
Add some (a lot of) unique hand written content to the home page.
Point in bound links to a few internal pages - add unique content to these pages
Don't go crazy with keyword density. Sometimes it's better to act like you're not interested in ranking.
Social media can add good signals to Google that you are relevant.

Do a little of this every day and then repeat it on multiple sites.

Be careful that you have a good host and that you are not sharing IP's with a crap site in your network.

A proper SEO campaign with all the necessary Link Submissions techniques held in high esteem miexed with a little social media should to the trick.

add content everyday and do some quality blog commenting, social bookmarking, and article directory links which you should be able to find in the BST section of this fourm. Look for links/seo

What is the SerpIQ difficulty of the keywords?

For most non highly competitive terms I would do:

- Make FB Page with link with proper anchor. Add a few people.
- Make twitter account and follow lots of people, many will follow you back. Tweet your URL + anchor keyword + some useful information
- Buy bookmarks (Try to get direct links)
- Do small amounts of blog commenting or more effectively, high PR blog commenting.
- Buy a set of article submissions
- Ping a certain percent of these links on pingfarm each day to get them spidered and noticed.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

- Have good content
- Non-spammy keywords
- Relevant information
- Regular new articles helps

Good on-page SEO can often rank you for low-competition keywords with no, or minor backlinking.