.info landing pages- yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondoe0069

Mar 21, 2007
Estados Unidos
If you're buying domains for landing pages and the .com is available, is it stupid to just buy the .info instead since it's .99 at godaddy?

*not expecting any type in traffic

Thanks.

If you're using them as "throwaway" domains, then why spend the extra money. However if you want to eventually develop them into full blown sites, get the .com. People are programmed to enter Website.com so if your site starts to take off, you won't be losing to the .com if you only buy the .info.

Did that make sense? :D

Yes. That makes sense. So I could buy .infos to build landing pages to test different niches and offers, then get a .com if I decide to develop a full site around that niche or offer. Thanks for the help!

I would purchase both at the same time (if you think further development is a possibility) or you might not find the .com when you come back later to buy it.

Joel

I agree, but if I buy a ton of domains, I would rather spend 99 cents and if I find something real profitable, I will register the .com or find another .com to build it with.

I'm testing things with paid search before I put much effort into them so I'm not putting much into it that I can't just move to a different domain or redirect to.

Status
Not open for further replies.