indexing .uk domains

AdamC

╠══════&
Jun 10, 2012
so a while ago registration of .uk (as opposed to .co.uk etc) was allowed, and so I scooped some up pretty generic domains with keywords in for a bit of duplicate content spam.

I've done what I usually do to get google to start indexing these domains, which have between 10-100k pages (of dupe content). Normally I can expect google to start indexing within 24 hours, but these .uk domains dont seem to be picking up much steam. Some are now a month old and have less than 50 out of 20k pages indexed (measured from logs).

In comparison I regged a fresh .org.uk domain 48 hours ago and google has so far indexed 46k pages.

Anyone else experiencing this? no penalties or history with these domains, as it's a "new" tld.

Stats your showing can be compared to .com and .info, site but .com's index quicker than .info. tried this a year ago not sure with the algo today

Not an expert SEO and know nothing about .uk domains but just a question are these pages bookmarked? Redvirus will do a good job indexing these

I would have said to check on any possibility of a penalty for your first site (the one that isn't getting indexed), especially if it's an aged domain. But, if you have done that already and can't find a penalty, then there should be no reason the pages are not getting indexed. Just check your robots.txt file to make sure that robots are allowed. There could be other reasons, such as if your site uses a flash component, then many pages won't get crawled. Do a browser test of your site to see what the bots are seeing and find out which pages can actually be crawled. Just simple stuff like that.