"index of /"? transferring problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniodude

I need a life
Jul 31, 2006
Hey guys, i posted this problem in one of my old threads, but this problem is pretty urgent. so if you guys can, can you check out travel-nursingonline.com? i was trying to transfer hosts and i must've messed something up. if you know ANY possible solutions please post!:crying:

It looks like you need to move the contents of the folder 'www.travel-nursingonline.com' into the root folder for your domain. If you are using cPanel, this is the public_html folder.

You probably also need to update the path information in your configuration files for WordPress. The error you are getting at http://travel-nursingonline.com/www.travel-nursingonline.com/index.php indicates that the path is incorrect. Most likely this is because you have a different username with the new host. The username is 'junioboy' and is found in the path between 'home' and 'public_html' in the following error:

Warning: main(/home/junioboy/public_html/www.travel-nursingonline.com/wp-content/advanced-cache.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/junioboy/public_html/www.travel-nursingonline.com/wp-settings.php on line 69

If you have a different username with the new host, you would need to replace 'junioboy' with that username. I don't use WordPress, but I assume that there is a configuration file where you can change the path.

i think i have to edit wp-config.php ? but i don't know why, no matter how I edit it, it doesnt seem to work. Am i editing the wrong file or am i simply putting in the wrong information into the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.