Improving Optimize Press Load Time

AngryFiver

Nov 14, 2014
I have a WP site which has a blog that is continually updated along with Optimized Press used for PPC lead pages.

The load time on the OP lead pages is around 4-5 seconds right now and needs to be improved.

What's the best plugins for this kind of thing?

W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache

Nah bro fuck those plugins. Just because they are a bitch to setup and maintain. I've been using wp-rocket.me and this shit is dooooooooooope. Easy to setup and a settings dashboard that won't make you feel like you are trying to fly a 747 jet. CDN support and all that cool shit.

BJ Lazy Load - loads only images that are above the fold
Autoptimize - combines CSS and JS into one file
Quick Cache - a caching plugin that only requires 1 click

Those 3 will make any site load super fast.

W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache

Don't these cache programs only work on repeat visitors since it has to be viewed by the user one time before it can be cached? How is this beneficial to me if I'm only sending a user to this sales page once?

Also, I heard something about how you have to manually cache the site every time you change something on your blog, like making a new post. Is that right?

How much work is involved with these plugins?

Don't these cache programs only work on repeat visitors since it has to be viewed by the user one time before it can be cached? How is this beneficial to me if I'm only sending a user to this sales page once?

Also, I heard something about how you have to manually cache the site every time you change something on your blog, like making a new post. Is that right?

The cache is on your server, not the end user's machine man. They basically make static HTML pages out of your site that are served to the user instead of having to make a bunch of database requests each time someone visits.

Read the plugin description... https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Yes, a page is cached only after it is viewed for the first time. If you're creating a unique landing url, per visitor, a cache won't help you.
Most of them will purge cached pages if you update them. None of them, as far as I know, "prime the cache" in the way that you're asking. The typical use case is lots of visitors to the same url. So, the first visitor gets a slow load, everyone after (until the cache expiration) gets a fast load.
Not much after you configure them (cache expiration time, urls to exclude from caching, etc.)

If you are are indeed using unique urls, per visitor, then you need something other than a page cache. The biggest bang for the buck would be an opcode cache, like apc, or the one that comes by default in php 5.5+.

Also, mentioned earlier, a lazy image loader that loads images just before the user scrolls down to them.

And, using a theme that isn't heavyweight. Most wordpress performance issues are caused by third party themes or plugins. A vanilla install, with the default theme + an opcode cache, is reasonably fast.

Yes, a page is cached only after it is viewed for the first time. If you're creating a unique landing url, per visitor, a cache won't help you.

What do you mean by a unique URL for each visitor? Every visitor is sent to the same landing page.

What do you mean by a unique URL for each visitor? Every visitor is sent to the same landing page.

My misunderstanding of your statement "How is this beneficial to me if I'm only sending a user to this sales page once?"

If every visitor is sent the same landing page, then the first visitor to the url will get the slow load time, and prime the cache. The rest of them will get the fast, cached, copy...until the cache time has expired, then you start over from step 1.

My misunderstanding of your statement "How is this beneficial to me if I'm only sending a user to this sales page once?"

If every visitor is sent the same landing page, then the first visitor to the url will get the slow load time, and prime the cache. The rest of them will get the fast, cached, copy...until the cache time has expired, then you start over from step 1.

This is what I understood the situation to be. A typical lander, and the whole lot is cached. Rock on.