Images next to Gogle AD Still OK or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalos

Sep 18, 2008
Hi

do google allow placing relevant images next to adsense ad code, example site is about laptops.

if i place laptom images next to adsesnse ad am I violating TOS?

thanks

It's been well over a year but there are restrictions on images next to ads...like must have border, be so far, shit like that. It's in their TOS.

thanks,

i've read somwhere they could terminate account for blending ads with images.

thanks battlefork

that page really explained the issue.
It's actually against TOS

regards

Kind of a noob question.

But I don't understand why some companies have really strict rules, like this one you've posted.

I can see a rule of "Do not falsify ads, or mislead the viewer" and things of this nature being very valid.

But otherwise the end goal is to get the viewer to click the ad and go on to purchase.

So why be so picky on something like this (?) I mean if the picture is a lap top and the ad link is for laptops, what gives...... if the viewer is in the market for a laptop, the image if anything will get their eyes on the text link, take them to purchase (if they like the offer) and their happy (and the merchant is happy, and ready to advertise more on Google), no (?)

Kind of a noob question.

But I don't understand why some companies have really strict rules, like this one you've posted.

I can see a rule of "Do not falsify ads, or mislead the viewer" and things of this nature being very valid.

But otherwise the end goal is to get the viewer to click the ad and go on to purchase.

So why be so picky on something like this (?) I mean if the picture is a lap top and the ad link is for laptops, what gives...... if the viewer is in the market for a laptop, the image if anything will get their eyes on the text link, take them to purchase (if they like the offer) and their happy (and the merchant is happy, and ready to advertise more on Google), no (?)

no. if people click on ads they don't mean to click on, traffic quality goes to shit. if traffic quality goes to shit, advertisers stop advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.