If you had $20,000 cash lying around...

I have $25k in lendingclub. My ROI is 18% so far, but it's sure to fall a bit once I get some defaults.

I'm in the same boat.. I'm going to be launching eComm brands but if you don't do it right, warehouse lease will eat you alive in 6 months

Not enough to do much damage yet.

Buy a house/duplex that can be converted to full-rental in a couple years and start building your RE empire. That's what I'm working on.

Other than that, pay debt first, then max IRA Roth, and then maybe lending club but I personally don't fool with that stuff.

Not enough to do much damage yet.

Buy a house/duplex that can be converted to full-rental in a couple years and start building your RE empire. That's what I'm working on.

Can't buy a house for $20k thats worth a shit. I don't recommend investing in RE until you can pay cash outright for the home you're renting, or atleast 75% of the purchase price down. The meager returns you get will be sucked up by repairs after tenants leave.

Probably decorate my living room:

money.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4Mq8cfeso&feature=player_embedded]Mark Cuban: The Beauty Of Cash - YouTube[/ame]

Can't buy a house for $20k thats worth a shit. I don't recommend investing in RE until you can pay cash outright for the home you're renting, or atleast 75% of the purchase price down. The meager returns you get will be sucked up by repairs after tenants leave.
FHA on your first time around.
You can get into something remodeled that will rent out nicely.

I don't know of anything else with 20k that provides solid returns that isn't risky as shit. For your first property, you want something that is positive cash flow in an area that appreciates consistently to build up your net. You won't make much money on your first 2-3 properties but the banks will start to love you and that is how you build the portfolio.