Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2006
New York City
Someone just showed this to me...

http://bestbuy.greatpick.info

Whomevers site this is.. you should probably stop because you're going to get your ass reamed by the Attorney Generals office in Florida. Its a CX Digital/Incentaclick offer, so you guys may want to nuke the affiliate before he/she gets you sued.

Kinda clever though.

You've Been Selected To Get A $5,000 Best Buy Shopping Spree!

Whomevers site this is.. you should probably stop because you're going to get your ass reamed by the Attorney Generals office in Florida. Its a CX Digital/Incentaclick offer, so you guys may want to nuke the affiliate before he/she gets you sued.

Kinda clever though.

You mean that's NOT the official Best Buy website? LMAO :jester:

But...I thought the .info domain made it a legit BestBuy site...Fucker got my e-mail!

But seriously...kinda smart but...not when you're ass get's sued and you lose your e-mail submit pennies.

a friend showed me this landing page earlier, dived ringtones. not uncommon and theres alot more in the wild. this guy really failed at cloaking his page. i am surprised that your all surprised, this stuff has been going on forever.

I saw a diet page earlier where the affiliate claimed to be Oprah with her picture. Like "hey guys guess who!? " or something. I hate getting landers called out, but if you are that affiliate, keep in mind you have a better chance fucking with the mafia than you do with Oprah's legal team.

a friend showed me this landing page earlier, dived ringtones. not uncommon and theres alot more in the wild. this guy really failed at cloaking his page. i am surprised that your all surprised, this stuff has been going on forever.

oops, it looks like the guy changed the landing page. it WAS div'd ringtones before that, exact same page but it said to enter your cellphone and confirm pin.

inside of the div you could see the 'this link has been terminated' message so it was probably why the guy switched the the email submit.

honestly...its all middle america that falls for this shit. affiliate marketing in general...half the time when i setup a campaign im like...jeez this is the spammiest shit ever...no one would click on this...then all of a sudden i get 200% ROI.

I saw a diet page earlier where the affiliate claimed to be Oprah with her picture. Like "hey guys guess who!? " or something. I hate getting landers called out, but if you are that affiliate, keep in mind you have a better chance fucking with the mafia than you do with Oprah's legal team.
They descend from blackhawk helicopters, and repel off your face.

Hahahaha yea... I have seen that page. I was LOLing.

You've Been Selected To Get A $5,000 Best Buy Shopping Spree!

Kinda clever though.
Checking the clickthrough shows this guy's using an XY7 offer. CD2953

steve i dont think you should out him, hes just on his grind as well my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.