Ideas for Christmas Site

nomak

agent provocateur
Apr 28, 2010
In the shadows
I want to start a new project with a Christmas site, I will use PPC, SEO, link building from the moment the design is ready, which will not take more than 1-2 days.
I live in a country where there will be no problem ranking high in Google because there's not a lot of competition and online shopping is just starting to take off, I just need a good idea on what to sell or promote.
Any ideas on this one ? Doesn't matter how crazy it is, just spit it out :)

Ideas for presents (you can use amazon or any other retailer)

Divide by Gender and Roles

Men
- Father
- Husband
- Boyfriend
- Brother
Women
- Mother
- Wife
- Girlfriend
- Sister

Kids

- Boy
- Girl

By age groups

and by special topics

Humurous gifts
Luxury gifts
Christian gifts
Buddhist gifts
..etc

and by price
Gifts under 50$
Gifts under 20$

Use wallpapers and e-cards as fillers and ways to drive secondary traffic (site URL on everything)

::emp::

dw123.jpg

Just for interest, I read about an old couple who made a site where:
· the visitor pays 10$ via paypal then...
· chooses a design (just a jpg thumbnail)
· writes a personalised letter 'from' Santa to their niece or grandchild in a form field.
· gives the address it should be sent to
· submits it

The old couple then prints the letter on the chosen design, and they send it by snail mail (supposedly so it appears to be a real letter sent by Santa who apparently, by the post mark, lives in Arizona). Amazingly, they get 6000 customers every November and they make 54,000$ in during one month for printing and mailing 200 letters a day, which takes them a couple of hours.

True story, bro.

Just for interest, I read about an old couple who made a site where:
· the visitor pays 10$ via paypal then...
· chooses a design (just a jpg thumbnail)
· writes a personalised letter 'from' Santa to their niece or grandchild in a form field.
· gives the address it should be sent to
· submits it

The old couple then prints the letter on the chosen design, and they send it by snail mail (supposedly so it appears to be a real letter sent by Santa who apparently, by the post mark, lives in Arizona). Amazingly, they get 6000 customers every November and they make 54,000$ in during one month for printing and mailing 200 letters a day, which takes them a couple of hours.

True story, bro.

Holy shit, why didn't my grandmother think of that !?