Status
Not open for further replies.

force-11

PHP |㋛
Jul 27, 2009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I suppose I'm feeling charitable. I want to develop a few small projects for people for free.

The deal here though is that they have to benefit the community in some way. This won't be code for you, it'll work like this:

• You propose the project by posting in this thread.
  • We let some discussion take place among everyone else.
  • If people like the project, and I like the project, I'll build it.
  • Then I'll give it away on WickedFire for free.

Scrapers are great and totally possible, little research apps, PHP scripts/sites, WordPress plugins, etc. You let me know what you want, and I'll write it.

Mark.

Ed: this isn't a review copy or anything. I'm not available for contracted development right now. Well, I might be, but probably not. If you'd like to try you could PM me about the project you had in mind, but guys like kblessingr seem to have development pretty well handled around here.

Okay, first let me be honest, I'm suggesting this because it would open the door for a specific project that I could really use this for...but maybe others would be interested.

Basically what I'd like to have is a script similar to the one used on Cursebird: What the f#@! is everyone swearing about?

All it would need to do is let me enter a keyword (or 2 or 3) and then using the Twitter API, automatically feed tweets with that keyword onto the page with some kind of fancy looking ajax action.

Someone probably has a better idea than my self-serving one, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for being willing to contribute, by the way.

I'd like a few google scrapers that use proxies (maybe tor) to not get banned

a scraper for the keyword tool that grabs search volumes and cpc costs and such
a scraper of serps that get rank positions
a spider/scraper that will take a keyword, find backlinks that are nofollow to the sites in the top 10 positions
something that will find the keywords a given website ranks best for (kw's with serp position 1-10 or so) actually not sure of the best way how to do this one myself off the top of my head

Okay, first let me be honest, I'm suggesting this because it would open the door for a specific project that I could really use this for...but maybe others would be interested.

Basically what I'd like to have is a script similar to the one used on Cursebird: What the f#@! is everyone swearing about?

All it would need to do is let me enter a keyword (or 2 or 3) and then using the Twitter API, automatically feed tweets with that keyword onto the page with some kind of fancy looking ajax action.

Someone probably has a better idea than my self-serving one, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for being willing to contribute, by the way.

Dude.. already pre-packaged in a killer little download for ya -
Juitter | jQuery Plugin to put Twitter live on your website

just change the options to only show tweets matching a certain search term (you can even add filters for posts/users to not display) + change up the stylesheet...

Reactions: kingofsp
great threat

here is my suggestion.

software for deep keyword research from adwords.

when we put k we see results k1, k2, k3, ..., but when we put k1, k2, k3, ans so on we will see more results.

so my idea is software that will extract all of the keywords from k1(to level n).

I'd like a few google scrapers that use proxies (maybe tor) to not get banned

a scraper for the keyword tool that grabs search volumes and cpc costs and such
a scraper of serps that get rank positions
a spider/scraper that will take a keyword, find backlinks that are nofollow to the sites in the top 10 positions
something that will find the keywords a given website ranks best for (kw's with serp position 1-10 or so) actually not sure of the best way how to do this one myself off the top of my head

A suggestion to something similar as above:

A tool that allows you to input a keyword list and checks for the amount of Yahoo Site Explorer backlinks for each site/page showing in the first 10 Google results for each individual keyword/phrase.

So you enter a list of keywords:

keyword one
keyword two
keyword three

And it will return:

Keyword | SERP 1 | SERP2 | SERP 3 | SERP 4 | SERP 5 | SERP 6 | SERP 7 | SERP 8 | SERP 9 | SERP 10

keyword one | site 1 - 1000 IBL | site 2 -200 IBL | site 3 - 3100 IBL | Etc

1: The site # references would be linked to the actual website location found in the search results.

2: The inbound link numbers (IBL) would be linked to Yahoo Site Explorer showing the actual backlinks.

In order to prevent getting banned from making automated searches the ability to add in a list of proxy IP's would be helpful as well, or to set a delay between individual searches.

I'm fairly positive a lot of WF members would find this useful.

It's definitely a type of tool I can use in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.