I need to buy a lawn mower

Sharksfan

May 28, 2009
WI
Stick with it to the end before you flame me. This is going somewhere. And it's 100% factual.

I'm dropping $17K on landscaping on the new house this week. The guy tells me I'll need to start mowing in a couple weeks.

I really need to find a lawn mower. I have 2.5 acres of grass coming in and I've always wanted a big John Deere riding lawn mower.

So, first I thought I'd check the local hardware store that is going out of business. They had two - I took pictures of two Cub Cadet model numbers with my camera phone and looked them up on consumer reports when I got home. The reviews were average.

I then checked Craig's List. There were a few but nothing really interesting.

So I started searching. Using my Google toolbar I can see I did the following searches:

-John Deer rider reviews
-John Deere mower reviews
-Best riding lawn mowers 2009
-best lawn mowers with attachments

I read the top 3-4 search results for all of those. Then I searched for:

-John Deere [my town]
-John Deere sales WI

After a while I decided I needed to go to a dealership and look.

-------------------------------------------------------------

........and it was right about that time that I realized I had just literally made a perfect case study for you guys on how consumers really actually search for things on the web.

I'm not a representative sample of course. But this is real. Might be a good read for the other noobs like me...

I can earn way more money doing AM then I can can cutting the grass. Hire someone who's to stupid to realize lawn work sucks.

If you are looking and buying a green tractor, you can def. afford someone to cut that shit while you are in the A/C.

I can earn way more money doing AM then I can can cutting the grass. Hire someone who's to stupid to realize lawn work sucks.

If you are looking and buying a green tractor, you can def. afford someone to cut that shit while you are in the A/C.

I can afford to do just about anything I want on a day-to-day basis. However, I have the golden handcuffs problem - my job pays too well to leave for just anything....

Hence me starting doing AM.

Maybe he likes cutting the grass?

I mow my own lawn because I don't have much grass and it takes around 15-20min, plus I like gardening

2.5 acres... unless it's flat and no trees (basically a football field heh) I'd probably pay someone.

Also, aren't you supposed to be supporting the 2 other partners in your consulting biz? You don't have time to shop for lawnmowers and make 150 posts on wickedfire.. You have money to make for the other partners.

Get back to work!

Maybe he likes cutting the grass?
Also, aren't you supposed to be supporting the 2 other partners in your consulting biz? You don't have time to shop for lawnmowers and make 150 posts on wickedfire.. You have money to make for the other partners.

Get back to work!

Nice memory :)

And the sad thing is...you are right.

6fwgth.jpg

Go with Poto's rig. Make sure it has a cup holder! As far as the Deere goes, most of them are made overseas anyhow - you're just paying for the green paint. I like my Cub Cadet (a Korean made Kioti with Cub badges and paint):

5618cub.jpg