I need a VPS Hoster

nicky1344

Feb 28, 2010
Hey guys, could someone recomend a vps hoster ? I am looking for something around 2000-3000 mb RAM and 2-3 Ghz.

Thanks

I registered a vps on photonvps.com... I am not very happy because 1. My VPS is still not available (after 48 hours) and 2. the support can't really tell me when it's done.

Wouldnt recommend it

Do you have a ticket ID? I'll be glad to extend your billing due to the setup delay.

Please PM your ticket or VPS details if possible.

Hi... MATE this is the best option is am Referring... Here is the DATA center name hetzner dot com buy it's pack speed is koolll better,reliable, as you take it from other VPS sites they are from same like data centers.. this vps is unmanaged buy Life time licence of direct admin Cpanel which i am also using best one.. as options are not much in that panel as like cpanel but its cheap...and GOOD for VPS and dedicated... you can create reseller accounts...

Hey guys, thanks for all your recommendations! Too bad that I ordered the VPS at PhotonVPS way to quick.

Anyway, PhotonVPS-Jim, how much would you extend it for that delay?

Cheers

webair is awesome you can't go wrong. awesome support good prices and them guys are good peeps too.

I opened up a chat window with webair today and sat for an hour without talking to a rep, so I gave up on them.

Can anyone recommend a VPS or better host with 24/7 live support that is good for some hand-holding?

I need the power of a VPS or dedi, but I have the admin skills of cpanel + shared hosting.

You're going to need to get a vps that's managed then.....

that or use a company that's use to people coming-on board for the first time using linux like linode or slicehost. yes, it's worth it.. Go into the irc channel on freenode for either linode or slicehost and there will be more hand-holding than you'd ever dream of.

ohhh. as for a backend on a vps... yeah cpanel + directadmin + all those other big ones are huge memory hogs....

if you really need one that gives u the same type of shit but only takes up maybe 10 megs of your ram while you're using it go install froxlor - Froxlor - Server Management Panel - Home

look at the screenshots + tell me that's not a skinny cpanel. :p

another very low-memory/resource backend for vps's that i've hooked clients who were retarded without cpanel is Easy Hosting Control Panel | for Ubuntu and alikes...- Free Fast Opensource web hosting control panel for your server it takes up a lil more ram but not much.. i mean these two take lil to no resources.... but neither will keep your shit secure, so make sure you've at least looked up a tutorial on how to setup + harden a vps/dedicated before installing. Check out the articles on slicehost.com for some easy guides.