I made a plugin for Wordpress 3.0 to make it Multi-Site.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you elaborate on what you mean by multi-site and/or how/why I would use this?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you elaborate on what you mean by multi-site and/or how/why I would use this?

I believe his plugin will allow you to manage multiple Wordpress installations. It's kinda like how Drupal handles this as well. I could be wrong.

WP 3.0 contains the functionality WPMU used to; having multiple blogs (for example on subdomains) running off of the same install.

WP 3.0 contains the functionality WPMU used to; having multiple blogs (for example on subdomains) running off of the same install.

To elaborate, they added the functionality but in standard Wordpress fashion, they made it a pain in the ass coding effort to make the change. Home boy took care of that!

He's right, multi-site is hosting multiple websites on one blog install. You can use subdomains on some host accounts (example: joesblog.mainblog.com) or trailing hosting (example: mainblog.com/joesblog).

It was a pain in the ass to upgrade to multi-site.. I'm not sure how many people use this besides a few of my clients... there was enough of a hype on the internet for there to be multiple tutorials on how to set up multi site.. I don't understand why I'm the first to create this.

Thanks for all the praises... if you try it out let me know how it works for you. I've tested it on OS X, Windows 7, and my 1and1 hosting account. I'm hoping it works just fine on all the other host and such... that's why I set up the bug tracking system. (JG Web Development Trac ::WP 3.0 Multi-Site Plugin: Tasklist)

Thanks again, and tell your friends.