I just don't get that much traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavish

Mar 18, 2008
Space.
My sites been up for 2 weeks now.

The first week I was averaging about 30 unique views a day, mainly from doing work on Yahoo Answers answering questions etc.

Now for the second week its dropped to around 10 unique views a day.

I paid for a Stumble service where I received 120 stumbles and 12 reviews, but that did nothing? It may be since I already added my site on there before.

Any other ways to build it up?

I read people starting a domain and getting 1000 views a day real quickly.
What is the deal?

Squidoo? What is it? I saw someone offering some Squidoo traffic on the buy and sell board... is it quality traffic?

Thanks Dave, I'll look for more blogs to comment.

When you say build links... What do you mean?

stumbleupon.... reddit gives me about 200 hits per submission. but a good stumble has netted me between 10-30 thousand hits.

stumbleupon.... reddit gives me about 200 hits per submission. but a good stumble has netted me between 10-30 thousand hits.

Stumble brings good traffic, but does it convert? I'm still pretty green at this, but I haven't gotten shit out of SU traffic.

I don't know what type of site you are running: if you need to have repeat visitors, you need to have changing content. Or you will see a traffic spike which will decrease after a while.

Use social/web 2.0 sites:
Here are some: spurl it, stumble it, furl it, etc etc etc.
backflip Backflip | Stop Bookmarking and Start Backflipping Your Favorite Places
bibsonomy BibSonomy ::
blinklist BlinkList
blogmemes blogmemes.net
bluedot Faves: Sites you'll love, from people like you
delirious de.lirio.us :: cut the web down to size
delicious del.icio.us
diigo Diigo - Web Highlighter and Sticky Notes, Social Bookmarking and Annotation, Social Information Network!
furl Furl | Your Favorite Bookmarked URLs, Fast. Furl.it!
jots cellphone.com
linkroll linkroll - collaborative web bookmarks and link blogs
looklater http://www.looklater.com
magnolia Ma.gnolia.com - Find Web Sites & Build Community Online
markaboo MarkaBoo :: better bookmarks for everyone
rawsugar Welcome to RawSugar | sweeten your content
shadows default the shadow box game at shadows.com
simpy Simpy - Social Bookmarks Manager
spurl Spurl.net 1.0 - Free online bookmarks with so much more...
wink People Search - Find People - Wink
Read the SEO Guide

I am tired. What am I doing????

Listen, there is a ton to write about this. You need to start by looking at what type of site you have, and what you want it to be. Do you have an exit strategy? How are you going to generate your revenue? Ads? Affiliate Marketing? Site Flipping? What kind of traffic do you need to succeed? What is your target demographics?????
At least, take a piece of paper and write these down. Then, create plans for each one.
Once you have done this, search using that top button, to get what you need. Read what you need to read. Then, ask specific questions. That will make it better for you and those who answer.

Edit: it has been a tiring day - sorry if I appear to be rude (believe me, you won't hear that here very often)

jill_domains: Thanks for the input. You were far from rude. I appreciate the time you took out to give me a guide here.

I will put these into effect very soon.

My question about these social bookmarking sites... do I have to "use" each one of these? Meaning - be an active member. If so, there must be some that are more efficient then others in gaining repeat valuable visitors, right? And those would be?

Thanks again.

develop backlinks, viral marketing, SEO, PPC... or you can just hire an internet consulting company. The latter option is probably the best if you are serious about your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.