the funny thing is i got clicks and my conversion was high
something around 8%-9%

but, i only earn $0.60 :(

and that is because people didn't bye the products i was promoting
they only bought stupid $0.01-$3 worth products

very annoying and disappointing

the only good thing about it is that now i will get 6% and not 4$% anymore

what do you think about it ?

It was destined to fail from the start, don't try and promote Amazon in PPC. If the conversions were high then look for a trader with an affiliate program which sells the stuff you were selling for Amazon.

and i must tell you it is so badddddddddddddddddd

i tested a 50$ campaign that gave me like 120 clicks

i been trying to sell products worth of $1000 average

the funny thing is i got clicks and my conversion was high
something around 8%-9%

but, i only earn $0.60 :(

and that is because people didn't bye the products i was promoting
they only bought stupid $0.01-$3 worth products

very annoying and disappointing

the only good thing about it is that now i will get 6% and not 4$% anymore

what do you think about it ?

Lol.

Hmm well that aint all tru, I ran an Amazon campaign late last year in December, and cleared over $3k from a $500 spend average price was $400ish. Direct link can work but much easier to LP the product into a review page of the product then your own buy button straight Amazon checkout.

i did direct linking with buy.com and made over $12k in profit during xmas. It is a matter of getting in their with affiliate programs with longer cookie life.

Hmm well that aint all tru, I ran an Amazon campaign late last year in December, and cleared over $3k from a $500 spend average price was $400ish. Direct link can work but much easier to LP the product into a review page of the product then your own buy button straight Amazon checkout.

If you don't mind me asking what was your conversion rate? And your average cost per click? I'm assuming you did this with adwords?

I'm thinking about giving amazon a test run. Alot of people have said it's hard to make good money with amazon.

Was that profit? You must have had a super high conversion rate? Amazon pay 4% commission right?

Yep, profit. Spent about $5K and had revenue of $10K. 100% ROI. It was one of my most profitable campaigns. Ran it from mid-November through mid-Jan. when it died.

Commission then on the Kindle was 10% on a $400 product, so $40 bogey. Little competition as the device was pretty new. Amazon smacked me twice for domain names though. Had a domain name with "Amazon" in it, and had one with "Kindle" in it. They didn't like that. Ended up with a "wireless reader" domain name. It did the trick.

It was also my first foray into Amazon. Haven't done anything else with them since.

Yep, profit. Spent about $5K and had revenue of $10K. 100% ROI. It was one of my most profitable campaigns. Ran it from mid-November through mid-Jan. when it died.

Commission then on the Kindle was 10% on a $400 product, so $40 bogey. Little competition as the device was pretty new. Amazon smacked me twice for domain names though. Had a domain name with "Amazon" in it, and had one with "Kindle" in it. They didn't like that. Ended up with a "wireless reader" domain name. It did the trick.

It was also my first foray into Amazon. Haven't done anything else with them since.

Cool. XMAS is a time to try all kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.