I have a question or 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

prologik

consuming abusers
Aug 6, 2008
Alright, so my Gmail inbox fills up with leads, what's the best way of responding to all of them at the same time? Forwarding would show everybody that I've responded the same thing to many others, right? I know there is an Auto-Responder option, but is there a way to possibly delay the Auto-Responder so that it sends my response to each lead automatically in say (1 hr after I've received it?)
I guess in a nutshell I'd like to know the best way of responding to a Gmail inbox full of leads, I'd appreciate any advice.
Also, is EasyAd Suite worth the money? Is it still effective nowadays?

Thanks a lot,
prlgk :smokin:

If the people who have contacted you are not exactly Internet savvy, using an auto-responder can work just fine. It's not like they're bots who check their email every 2 seconds.

As long as the reply is not ridiculously long and as long as it's not written in a way which makes it clear that we're talking about an automated response, most people probably won't be asking themselves any questions so you're good to go. If the people who have contacted you are webmasters or something, it'll not exactly work all that well because they'll read you like a book and the conversions will reflect that.

Obviously, replying to each email individually and writing a custom response for each inquiry will have a (dramatic) positive impact on your conversions but an auto-responder is the next best thing if you can't make that happen as long as you're not replying to Internet savvy people.

Cool, so I'll start cracking with Gmails default Auto-Responder. It's all a matter of lead volume, persistence converts no matter what since this is one big numbers game anyways, right?

Thanks for that Charlie!

-prlgk

You could always add addresses as BCC when you send a message out to several people, then they won't know who else you sent it to. However, be careful, Gmail is quick to flag you for spam if you're mass mailing.

Auto-responder is definitely the better route. However, the other night after about 200 emails came in I realized that it wasn't working. It said it was on, but it wasn't actually sending the response. Not sure what that was all about.

For sure.
By the way, I have an account with Ads4Dough but haven't actually spoken with a representative of theirs, does this matter? I've also failed to fax/send my W2, does this matter?
Also, just to check - I've chosen my campaign, picked a 'contextual creative' (as I'm assuming this is for simply linking somebody via text to your landing page which is what I want to do.) Without even deploying the campaign; if I were to click the link titled "Click here to view the contextual link. Please be advised that this link is to be used for contextual traffic ONLY." and then copy this address to be used in my auto-response, would it log my commissions through this? Or do I have to deploy the creative?

One last question, it asks for "Login Password:" under the creative choices, what exactly is supposed to be entered into this field?

I apologize for my ignorance, I hope to be the one helping rookies with a lot of questions some time in the future. I appreciate help with any or all of these questions. Thanks!

-prlgk
javascript:openWin('contextual_link.html?banner_id=13496', 625, 150)

Cool, so I'll start cracking with Gmails default Auto-Responder. It's all a matter of lead volume, persistence converts no matter what since this is one big numbers game anyways, right?

Thanks for that Charlie!

-prlgk

I'm in no way an expert, but it just seems logical: an experienced Internet user is always more likely to label an email as "automated/spam/shady" and just ignore it, so it all depends on the profile of the people who have contacted you.

persistence converts no matter what since this is one big numbers game anyways, right?
Not exactly: if you send an email such as "please gives me many monies to my paypal thx" to 100 million people, you will obviously not end up making bank.

Personalized responses will always generate better conversions, but you'll just have to settle for the next best thing if you can't make that happen. As I've mentioned before, if we're talking about your average Internet surfer, most of the "but will they notice that ... ?" questions you ask yourself as a person who is familiar with the way things work online have "probably not" as an answer.

Of course, it isn't my first rodeo when it comes to being persuasive or scripting responses to a client in a personalized fashion. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.