Hyperhidrosis is hell on earth

Human

X
Nov 24, 2009
No joke. It's bad. I've got it in the armpits. Five minutes after putting on a shirt, I've sweat through the thing, and have a sweat stain the size of an iPhone under each arm.

It's worse in the winter than in the summer, strangely. Also, for some reason, when I work out for 90 minutes, the sweating is less apparent than when I sit in class for 10 minutes. What gives?

Tried the roll-on Certain-Dri, didn't work. Tried the clinical strength stuff, didn't work. Going to try and get an appointment to do that Botox shit at some point in March. For now, though, it's time to either layer, or wear black, white, or navy.

So friggin' uncomfortable.

I feel your pain man. I have hyperhidrosis in my scalp, so it was always annoying when I was in public. It got pretty bad in high school until I started using these Secure pads from pharmacy.ca.

Welcome to pharmacy.ca

Those worked great for my scalp, although I read of people seeing success with Drysol roll-ons and Hydrosol gel.

If you want something in a pill form, you can check out Avert:
Welcome to pharmacy.ca

I tried the pills and although they worked, they dried my mouth like crazy, so I had to drink A LOT of water. There's no need for a prescription for any of these. I think you might just need to answer some questions via phone or email.

Now hyperhidrosis is not really an issue for me.

Just be happy it's not this severe:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK4QqFeNKQc"]Boris Berezovsky plays Liszt transcendental study No. 8 - YouTube[/ame]

But yeah that shit is hell, I sweat excessively too, it's not hyperhidrosis bad though
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK4QqFeNKQc"][/ame]

Like this guy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZI1tkXAUU]Uncontrollably sweating during interview. Soccer player ends up soaking wet. - YouTube[/ame]

How very rational and reasonable.

?

1. You state your problem
2. I solve it.
3. ????
4. You whine.

In the tropics no one wears tshirts. You can roll around with just board shorts. If you sweat, no one cares because it's hot. Sun, sand and hot girls are plentiful. I don't know what you're whining about.

I'm all for drugs and modern medicine when it's necessary but before I get botox to block my sweat-glands or what ever it does I think I'd try to find the underlying cause and change whatever it is making this happen. Is it something that just started for you or has it been forever?

I have a friend who said she get's that (hands and feet) in the winter and said that during the cold months she mixes up a gallon of water with Cider Vinegar and that it helps her detox and also helps with the sweating thing..Mentioned Gold Bond on feet too course that stuff smells strong but I guess if it worked it would be worth the trade off and not be sweating

Also I don't know if you tried this but a few years ago I got a shitty rash from using antiperspirant and tried a deodorant stone from the health food store and it worked remember the girl saying that people came in and got them for heavy sweating and it helped..

B~

^^^^ oh man that sucks. light blue silk is the worst hah

I feel ya OP. I wouldn't say I have hyperhidrosis but I definitely sweat more than the average guy. Wanna know what works for me the best? I cut my underarm hairs real short and use gillette clinical strength at night before I go to bed.

It would probably work even better if you shaved your underarms but that's kinda gay...

AFAIK it's basically caused by an overactive nervous system (the one you can't control). With that being said, it does seem to be worse with stress, etc. which can be controlled to some degree.

I'm all for drugs and modern medicine when it's necessary but before I get botox to block my sweat-glands or what ever it does I think I'd try to find the underlying cause and change whatever it is making this happen. Is it something that just started for you or has it been forever?

I have a friend who said she get's that (hands and feet) in the winter and said that during the cold months she mixes up a gallon of water with Cider Vinegar and that it helps her detox and also helps with the sweating thing..Mentioned Gold Bond on feet too course that stuff smells strong but I guess if it worked it would be worth the trade off and not be sweating

Also I don't know if you tried this but a few years ago I got a shitty rash from using antiperspirant and tried a deodorant stone from the health food store and it worked remember the girl saying that people came in and got them for heavy sweating and it helped..

B~

It's been going on off and on for about eight years. What I've been doing lately is using Mitchum unscented deodorant/antiperspirant and Davidoff Cool Water to block any bad scents. Then I just either wear black/white/navy, or keep my arms downish.

Homemade iontophoresis device for palms and feet - problem solved.

EDIT: partially obviously if armpits are your main issue. For armpits use 20% aluminium hexachloride. Have it made at your local pharmacy.

I hear the botox solution hurts like hell and only lasts like 6 months but it sounds worth it in my opinion.

It's been going on off and on for about eight years. What I've been doing lately is using Mitchum unscented deodorant/antiperspirant and Davidoff Cool Water to block any bad scents. Then I just either wear black/white/navy, or keep my arms downish.

There's medication for it. I had a girlfriend who had pit issues and took it. Seem to work for her. I was always uncomfortable with the idea of the purpose of a medication that blocks sweat glands (a natural way for your body to exhume toxins) but then again, I didn't have to deal with all that excessive sweating.

edit: yes I know sweat doesn't remove toxins quite like the kidney or liver, but clogging sweat glands still just makes me cringe.

Elephantiasis is hell on earth...Hyperhidrosis is slightly embarrassing.

pictures_299Fig4webJJ.gif