How's this blog design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logiik

Aug 7, 2006
DevPlayground - Web Development & Money Making Blog

I worked on this blog for a little bit over the past few days. What do you guys think of the colors and the overall design? I wasn't going for anything too overly complicated.. just a simple look.

Is there anything I could add or change to improve it a bit?

Also, if anyone wants to exchange blog links, give me a PM :D

I love the overall look of the blog, the colors are very nice, simple, elegant, there are only two things which I'm not sure I like and that is the green color of your post titles and the black links of your categories and recent posts, have you considered switching those two colors around, then again that might pose to much green.

Also might consider placing a divider between the end of the post and the new post titles, maybe an <hr /> element but I see you've already got one below the post title, it might be too much to include both, maybe think about placing more of a margin between the end post and starting new post.

I think making the center content block a slightly different color than the rest or putting a line in between it and the sides would make it look a bit more organized

I think making the center content block a slightly different color than the rest or putting a line in between it and the sides would make it look a bit more organized

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'm gonna try it out later today. Thanks :)

I really don't know about the green titles.
Why not link blue? You got that in your headers.

::emp::

I like it. very simple. in a sense, its almost too simple though for my tastes. I think the logo should be a little bigger as it seems lost in there and doesnt stand out.

Also, as stated before, space the posts out some more and maybe change the links in the sidebar to green (but leave the title of the posts green as well) it might be too much green, so you could change the sidebar links to green, and the titles to the blue color.

My two pennies

Some things I noticed:
  • To me something feels unbalanced/notquiteright, maybe it's because the menus on the right are higher than on the left.
  • It's a bit hard to find where you're supposed to read first.
  • The post title/header areas don't really seem associated with the post at first and almost seem associated with the previous post. Too much of a border before the content?
Other than that and what other people mentioned it's pretty good.

Thanks again for all the feedback so far.

Here are some of the changes that I've done so far:
- Made the font of the logo 4px larger and a bit bolder
- Changed the heading font color to a blue
- Added a light border around the post heading area
- Added some padding in the post to give it some air
- Added a top margin to the right sidebar so it lines up with the left sidebar

I think it looks better than before so keep those suggestions coming guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.