How visitors click ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanw

Jan 23, 2008
Hello,

I'm curious about visitors clicking ads, here are my questions. Anyone has experience?

1. How many ads does a visitor click?

2. Ads are opened in same tab/window or a new one?

I know they may do both, but what the majority do?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm curious about visitors clicking ads, here are my questions. Anyone has experience?

1. How many ads does a visitor click?

2. Ads are opened in same tab/window or a new one?

I know they may do both, but what the majority do?

Thanks!

1. They click every ad on the internet

2. Ads open on the users other computer. If they have a desktop and a laptop and click an ad on their desktop computer, it opens on their laptop. This is the reason for bad conversion rates sometimes.

1. They click every ad on the internet

2. Ads open on the users other computer. If they have a desktop and a laptop and click an ad on their desktop computer, it opens on their laptop. This is the reason for bad conversion rates sometimes.
Thanks for shedding some light on this!

There are a few different ad-clicking approaches that our ad-ravid users adhere to. It's easy to get stuck with the Wickedfire Syndrome (WFS) where you forget that everyone else on the internet clicks every advertisement possible. Just don't forget that, for the rest of the non-WF world, the internet is a game of clicking ads, where finding relevant information is only a by-product.

1. Dual Browser Approach

My studies have shown that the biggest "camp" of users actually has two browsers open at a given moment. One browser is for clicking ads. The ads are then sent to the other browser for review.

This distinction allows the user to build up a few hundred tabs of ads, and then, at the end of the day, prune them one at a time for freebies, zip submits, and general sales offers that interest them.

2. Hunt-and-Gather Approach

These types of users are generally hunting for particular advertisements. However, if they aren't interested in the particular set of ads you serve them, fear not; With a fierce bout of altruism, they will click your ads, leave them open for a few seconds to be sure their click is substantiated, and then close them. They won't read your ads if they don't apply to their own interests, but they will help you out with the assumption that they may one day find your ads relevant.

When these particular users find their target ads, they systematically gather them in a series of tabs. For example, a hunt/gather user may be looking for ads that serve offers for the Acai Berry Fleshlight Bundle. They usually bookmark between 25-50 webpages that have such offers advertised and then cross-compare them for the best value, usually picking the most expensive as to commission the publisher a little "Thank You" bonus.

Conclusion:

That's about it. Some deprecated approaches are the Pop-up Collectors, the Hardcore Ad Gamers (always competing amongst themselves for the highest score in games like Zap the Monkey), and the Radio-Button Quiz Enthusiasts, but you don't really find these niches anymore save for rural pockets in the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.