How to transfer hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniodude

I need a life
Jul 31, 2006
hey guys,

this might be a very newbish question for yall, but please do help me. im a clueless newb:bowdown:

Not too long ago I registered for a dreamhost account. i setup a couple sites there and installed Wordpress onto those domains. most of the domains i got were from Godaddy.com. from there, i just changed to nameserver to change to the dreamhost host. however, it has been unreliable and a little slow. can anyone explain how i change it to resellerzoom? do i simply have to change the nameserver again? or do i have to somehow shift all the databases to resellerzoom. sorry if this is a stupid question. im just totally lost.:xmas-smiley-010:

wow, ok thanks a lot...i would have screwed up a lot of things.

DNS...is domain nameserver?=/ i know, such a newb person shouldnt be meddling with these online things right=X

how long does it usually take them to change the nameserver? and does that mean i have to download all my files and then upload them to the new hosting site?

lastly, i dont know if i should upload it all to public_html, public_ftp, or www(obviously not mail)...and also under all of those files are cgi_bins..or whatever. if you can help with all those questions, it would beawesome

Thanks for the site..does anyone know how to check if my site has changed nameservers yet? i have no idea

Is is the domain in your sig?

myipodcaraccessories.com

It looks like it's till all pointing at dreamhost

hey guys..here thanks for the help. here is my site that im switching www.travel-nursingonline.com. it does not seem to be switching well....something happened so when i try to go in now, it give me an "index /" page with some stuff...i dont know, i'm so confused

The DNS servers for that one are

NS1-CAMP.NSWEBHOST.COM
NS2-CAMP.NSWEBHOST.COM

Is that what you wanted?

It looks like the domain is now pointing to resellerzoom hosting space but isn't quite set up right yet.

You should contact resellerzoom and they should be able to help you out from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.