How to Split Test Ads on Intext?

kalens99

Mar 7, 2012
San Francisco
onlinerookies.com
I am split testing four PPC intext ads on Propel Media (formerly TrafficVance). How much should I spend on them? Is 10x offer payout per ad enough? I have spent 12 times ad spend on one ad and gotten 10 conversions, but my ads aren't rotating evenly, so wondering if I should pause it and test the other three for about 10 times ad spend too. Although I was thinking of maybe cutting some after like 6 times payout if they don't have at least two conversions or something. Maybe also cut if they have crappy CTR, even though I am paying by click.

Does this approach work? Or is 10 times payout not enough? I am only split testing images now and still haven't tried testing new headlines. I didn't want to spend more than $200 testing images if possible, so I still have enough to test headlines etc.

A split test is a marketing strategy where two elements of a marketing campaign are tested against each other to analyze which one can deliver the best results. Split testing can be applied to everything: emails, landing pages, blog post titles and of course, Facebook Ads.