How to Speed up Prosper202?

wickedjugg

Jan 10, 2010
I'm on a VPS now, and Prosper started running really slowly for me recently.

It took a really really long time, like 10-15 mins to generate data for me for the last 6 months.

That, I understand, because there was quite abit of data in there, but today, I logged in, clicked on "Tracking 202", then I had "Problem loading page" after that.

I've read in quite a few places about how to modify Prosper to make it run faster etc, but can't seem to find those threads now.

Also, I thought it would be nice to have all those tips under one thread.

Oh by the way, I'm using Prosper 1.6.1, and for hosting I'm using ServInt.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If my memory is correct, I believe MYSQL has something to do with it.

Minimum Requirements, Less than 5,000 clicks a day
  • PHP version 5.0 or greater
  • MySQL version 4.0 or greater
High Volume Users, More than 5,000 clicks a day
  • PHP version 5.0 or greater
  • MySQL version 5.1 or greater

As far as it loading slow on your end, I'm not really sure. inb4 Karl

Yea, if you have a older version of MySQL your data will take a while to load if you have a lot of it. But, if you are advanced enough to run it on a VPS, my guess is that you have the required version of MySQL because Prosper warns you about that during install.

If your trying to speed up how fast your pages load the Prosper guys recommend using some type of combo of two VPS servers, but as you said the forum isn't loading right now. Maybe Wes will see this thread and help you out.

anyone else have memcache enabled yet not registering as "running" within the admin section?

I see:

Memcache Installed Yes
Memcache Running No

What do I need to do to get this to register YES for 'running?'

anyone else have memcache enabled yet not registering as "running" within the admin section?

I see:

Memcache Installed Yes
Memcache Running No

What do I need to do to get this to register YES for 'running?'

If I remember right, you have to to actually turn it on once installed. Ask your hosting to hook you up.