How to Save a Stripe Account?

onlinehustla

Aug 18, 2009
We are a new but extremely low risk merchant using Stripe.com. In our first month we had 0 charge-backs on $35k processed, but we just issued two refunds to people in two days both of which were their fuck up not ours. Now today we are given 5 days before stripe drops us: "Stripe can only support users with a low risk of customer disputes--after reviewing your submitted information and website, it does seem like your site presents a higher level of risk than we can currently support."

WTF. Now what should we do? They don't even have a phone number, and the software we are using (RightSignature) doesn't support any other payment processors. Any advice?

You clearly have never done business with them if you think they answer emails lol. And we are below low risk, these refunds we voluntarily gave were not our fault we were simply helping customers who decided they could no longer afford their purchase right after making it and asked nicely.

I love Stripe but fuck me dead! I read they have over 200 people working for them. Can't they have a handful of people to handle escalations like these by telephone?

I was kind of hoping there was a secret VIP phone # someone could PM me lol. As for the thread tag, I would "fuck them move on" but like I said earlier they are the only payment processor that works with a piece of software we are very reliant on, hence why this is a major problems for us.

I was kind of hoping there was a secret VIP phone # someone could PM me lol. As for the thread tag, I would "fuck them move on" but like I said earlier they are the only payment processor that works with a piece of software we are very reliant on, hence why this is a major problems for us.

I've never used Stripe, so I have no dog in the fight.

But it seems to me that they aren't complaining about your refunds, it's seems more likely their internal fraud screening has flagged you as high risk.

I understand that you think your not, but what ever review process they have thinks your are.

And I'm not entirely sure getting the VP on the phone is going to change anything.

$35k a month might seem like a lot, but thinking about it from their perspective, you are 1 of 10,000 other people who does 5 figures a month, they can afford to lose you.

Like I said before I don't use stripe, so I'm only guessing here, but it honestly seems like they don't give a shit. And if that is the case, then I highly doubt the VP is going to help you.

I get that your stuck because you have invested money and time into a system that only uses stripe for processing, but in the long run it's going to cost you more to fight this.

Personally, and this is just me, but if a company doesn't want my business, I'm not going to waste time trying to force them to take it.

Don't let problems keep you down. Get your head out of your ass and find a solution.

Btw what the fuck were you thinking locking yourself into only one payment processor like that? Shit changes all the time man. Wtf.

You clearly have never done business with them if you think they answer emails lol. And we are below low risk, these refunds we voluntarily gave were not our fault we were simply helping customers who decided they could no longer afford their purchase right after making it and asked nicely.

I have used them to process CCs for a construction website.

When I had a problem, I hopped on IRC and their devs gave me the contact info of who I needed to get in touch with. They do answer emails and IRC PMs.

As mentioned here, their fraud team probably looked at your site and are dumping you because of that.

As of this post, 223 users in #stripe + 5 @ops...