How to pull all images from a forum?

o hai guyz

Jan 15, 2010
I have a gaming screenshots Android app and I want to add a Minecraft section to it. I want to pull every image from all of the threads in this forum - Screenshots - Minecraft Forum - just the "screenshots" forum specifically, not all of the other forum sections like Off Topic etc. If possible I'd also like to cap it at around 500 screens. How do I do this?

I've never done something like this before so I'm not sure how complex it is. If it's something incredibly complicated that I'd be better off hiring someone to do, PM me a quote.

The partially manual way, you can probably fully automate with macros and a little work:

Get the URLS from google images:

screenshots site:minecraftforum.net

this restricts to jpg size=large:

screenshots site:minecraftforum.net - Google Search

Using firefox with DownThemAll plugin, you can pull the links for each individual image:

5PP8n.png

note: in the URLS, you can see on each line after the google URL, imgurl=http... and then the actual URL where the file is hosted.

select and down them all, or just collect the URLS into a text file, cut off the google part and scrape from wherever.

Also from the URLS, you can get some of the accts associated with the users' albums on the various image hosting sites.