How to price a Facebook fanpage?

GetALink

Jul 26, 2011
Has anyone here sold a Facebook fanpage? I own a network of pages and am looking to sell them. What metrics are factored into determining the value of a page? What's the general rule of thumb? Links to resources? I would appreciate any guidance I can get. It's not like there is a Kelley Blue Book for Facebook pages.

I don't know a good way to come up with a number but it is definitely based on how response the page is to posts(likes,shares,comments), how the likes were acquired(paid or non-paid), the niche (fitness would obviously be worth more than a page for memes), and the demographics of the likes(gender,geos,ages).

I can't really give you actual prices cause it varies so much per page but myself I'd buy a 1 million likes meme page that was acquired from viral posts and made up of 15-30 year olds from all countries for maybe $2k whereas I'd pay $5k for a page with 100k likes in the health/fitness niche if it was women aged 35+ in US/CA/UK/AU and acquired primarily from fb ads.

I don't know a good way to come up with a number but it is definitely based on how response the page is to posts(likes,shares,comments), how the likes were acquired(paid or non-paid), the niche (fitness would obviously be worth more than a page for memes), and the demographics of the likes(gender,geos,ages).

I can't really give you actual prices cause it varies so much per page but myself I'd buy a 1 million likes meme page that was acquired from viral posts and made up of 15-30 year olds from all countries for maybe $2k whereas I'd pay $5k for a page with 100k likes in the health/fitness niche if it was women aged 35+ in US/CA/UK/AU and acquired primarily from fb ads.

I know that. I'm trying to find metrics or a rule of thumb. There is very little guidance out there. It's all amphibious like you alluded to in your reply.

It's all amphibious like you alluded to in your reply.

It's all amphibious.

amphibious-car-meet-7.jpg

54-airbag.jpg

F49358861.jpg

039a7318b561aed3e94ceadcd1b438f6.jpg

f17d1760b03b7b5834d8389eb2e1f624.jpg