How to organize massive keyword lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaha

Lobster Fisherman
May 20, 2008
New Zealand!
So I'm starting to build decent sized keyword lists 10k+ how the heck do people put 100k lists into seperate ad groups?

Are there any good keyword organizer tools for mac?

Whats the best way to approach a massive keyword list and organizer them into ad groups?

What kind of magic tool do you expect?

Sit on your ass and do the work.
I takes me 2 days to organize 10K keywords.

Just finished, so I'm excited.... YEEEPPPPIIIIEEEE

Adwords editor keyword grouper tool - The initial list is not that great, but you can use the tool to break it into more relevant groups

Excel - Pivot tables and some other tricks

Another idea is that you can start small, under 5K keywords and group them in excel by hand. Then you can expand your KW list based on what's profiting.

What kind of magic tool do you expect?

Sit on your ass and do the work.
I takes me 2 days to organize 10K keywords.

Just finished, so I'm excited.... YEEEPPPPIIIIEEEE

You actually have 10k wordlist for one site/offer alone? Or is it divided among a few different versions of the landing page customized for specific niches?

Do you still keep to a couple dozen keywords per adgroup?
How did you generate so many?

My brain has trouble comprehending that scale!

HH

I use Excel...There are a few different ways you can approach it

1. Put them all into one column
  2. Sort them by alphabet (i.e. You are doing dating then all the A's should come up first...Asian Sex, Asian Dating, Asian Girls..Then B's Black Sex, Black love, Black dating, etc.)
  3. You can optimize your lists further, but if you really have no clue where to start, do that...then see what converts, and optimize based on that data.
In other words, you gotta sit down and do your work...you may not get anything great with this batch, but you'll start to identify a process that works for you.

If you have 10k keywords, do you need a lot of cash upfront to test these keywords out? I mean you guys are talking about what converts but wouldn't you have to get a lot of traffic to each keyword to see if it converts?

Status
Not open for further replies.