How to monetize highly targeted traffic?

mailing

Jan 18, 2014
Judging by what I read, most people here on WF seem to do SEO for very specific niches.
"pink baby clothes for overweight ginger babies".

Now, looking at Affiliate Marketing Networks, there certainly won't be any offer for such niche. What I'm trying to say, I'm pretty sure that such traffic is rather monetized with tools like AdSense, right? So, this actually hasn't anything to do with affiliate marketing, right?

It looks to me like the only people left who are still doing "Affiliate Marketing" are those who cloak Facebook or POF with some shady ads.

Now, I'm really seeing a trend that goes into Tracking, Data Analysis, Retargeting, "Know your customer", etc etc. For example, see this: http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/178653-just-had-idea-what-do-you-guys-think.html
Is it, that this trend really isn't compatible with Affiliate Marketing at all?
I mean, there are only a handful of Affiliate Marketing offers that really convert and are worthwhile (10, 20, 30 offers?), so I just don't understand how it's possible to monetize highly targeted traffic with Affiliate Marketing, or in better words why would you need to know your customer in first place if all you are doing is pushing the latest rebill or credit report offer?

If that is right, is AdSense really the only way to monetize? And more importantly, is it possible at all to have good AdSense results if my site isn't ranked anywhere?
For example, what if I would open a Facebook Page for "pink baby clothes for overweight ginger babies". What would be my best option to monetize this traffic?

Just a question here, you are saying you don't need to do 'marketing' when doing anything affiliate related? (You don't need to just do PPC for affiliate marketing btw)

One might suggest making clothes for fat redhead kits ... perhaps in a light shade of red.

that's actually a serious answer

Correct, somehow I missed that :)
However, is there no space for a middle-man?

In my specific example, I have a huge newsletter list and I'm doing pretty good with CPA offers (as long as I can ensure deliverability)
I would love to bring this to the next level and "leverage" the data that I have.
Highly targeted data are of no use to me as long as I only push CPA offers, and I cannot start to produce 1000s of different of products.

Judging by what I read, most people here on WF seem to do SEO for very specific niches.
"pink baby clothes for overweight ginger babies".

This first paragraph is incorrect, therefore negating everything going forward, since it's based on an incorrect assumption. If you think you can get traffic for "pink baby clothes for overweight ginger babies" and generate 10,000+ visitors a day like several case studies on this site have demonstrated:

... Actually, nevermind, this whole thread has to be a troll - I'm give up, I'm done...​

This first paragraph is incorrect, therefore negating everything going forward, since it's based on an incorrect assumption. If you think you can get traffic for "pink baby clothes for overweight ginger babies" and generate 10,000+ visitors a day like several case studies on this site have demonstrated:

... Actually, nevermind, this whole thread has to be a troll - I'm give up, I'm done...​

I have no time to waste for trolling but I might be wrong indeed about that first assumption as I don't do and never did any SEO.

So what you are saying is that most people here focus on bigger Niches and there are relevant affiliate offers for those?
I will make sure to (re-)read all of your links asap.