how to know if domain name has got google penalty..?

qalott

Jun 30, 2010
planet Earth
i am interested to buy some aged domains from godaddy and namejet.. is it possible to know before purchase if those domains have got any google penalty..?

Just check the domain's backlink profile in Ahrefs and check archive.org. If there are no shitty links, spammy anchors or strange content, all chances are the domain is clean.

If after rebuilding the site you suspect penalty anyway, you can file a reconsideration request via WMT. When they see the site has a new owner and all the content is different, they most prolly lift the bans.

:xmas-smiley-010:

Follow what Golan has said above. Also do a search on Google with your domain name, if it does not show up in first spot, then chances are that domain may have been penalized.

there is one really solid / clever way to get a good hint at least.... but it kin of depends of the status of the site at the time... and crucially the title of the homepage.

(i get this from linkresearchtools as one of my fave little things it have nothing else does).

basically the site has a reasonable title - ie. something unique enough to not be like "my cool blog" but something like "Rubber Cement Central"

often if penalized it will be 30 or lower, while if its not it will be 1 or at least first page (again depends a lot - if its 'healthy living site' of course its gonna not be as useful.... you wont show up until you got your hands on something that you can retire on)

so just do search "your title in quotes" and see what you get, its one of a few clues.... i do find (if links mostly hitting home and not internals) but should have a pr of something based on that, 0 is ok. but n/a can be a bad sign i find....

art not science, but bag of tricks combined - best way is build hundreds of sites and see which work, then build them out and rest is pbn (and yes of course hire golan for making it !!)

tip: actually send him your details, its required to let him make the sites for you! i know form experience ;) bad me

great comments!

probably also check out waybackmachine to see what the site before was about!