How to increase volume output for mp3 files?

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
So I'm trying to listen to this audio book in my car but I have a shitty hyundai from 2001 and it's volume output sucks.

I don't have a cd player, but I do have a radio so I plug my ipod into the cig lighter with an FM transmitter. I've already maxed out my cars volume and the volume limit in the ipod settings and it's still pretty low when listening to diff. audio books.

Is there a program for mac where I could throw in these audio book mp3's and re-save them with a higher output volume and without losing quality so that I'd actually be able to hear the tracks in my car?

megaphone.gif

What you're looking for is called normalizing. Doesn't iTune have a setting to normalize audio output? Otherwise just find a free audio editor that has a normalizing function.

If the quality of the recording is poor you might have background noise or white noise after the track is normalized. Some audio software also have functions to remove that.

I don't mean to be a dickhead but have you tried googling the title of the thread?

There are literally 10 answers on the first page of google.

Anyway, the way I would go about it is to find a free open source audio editor (I recommend Audacity), and then increase the volume from there.

But like I said, there are applications out there on google which don't need a audio editor by typing the title of this thread into a search engine.

wrong forum bro

but i guess you could install audacity, open the mp3 with it, then increase the dB and save?

your welcome bro

I don't mean to be a dickhead but have you tried googling the title of the thread?

There are literally 10 answers on the first page of google.

Anyway, the way I would go about it is to find a free open source audio editor (I recommend Audacity), and then increase the volume from there.

But like I said, there are applications out there on google which don't need a audio editor by typing the title of this thread into a search engine.

wrong forum bro

but i guess you could install audacity, open the mp3 with it, then increase the dB and save?

your welcome bro

jerk-off.gif

If you ever mixed a record you'd know that it's easy. Just a limiter would do.

But in your case I'm pretty sure you don't know what that is so just get audacity and increase it like the previous poster said.

Pfft, 3 people in this thread are giving you the right simple advice which will solve your menial problem and you post that stupid fucking thing? Whatever you closed minded moron, ask stupid questions and get stupid answers.

Next time use your brain and at least Google something (especially a question this basic) before consulting a forum.

lol when I actually posted I'm pretty sure scotty didn't mention audacity in his post, not sure why he went back and edited it