How to Hold Your Breath for 17 minutes

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnGhrC_3Gs]David Blaine: How I held my breath for 17 min - YouTube[/ame]

shit you're right, I underestimated that nigga.

I should've known that half black + half jew = super human.

impressive feats.

All this not breathing seems to have caused some serious drain bamage for him..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MMc3f588yc"]Breathing Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

You're kidding right? Did you even watch the video?

How David Blaine Held His Breath - TIME

Also, his record has now been broken by Tom Sietas at 22:22

You need to check what was the preparation. Was he allowed to breath pure oxygen before the event? Here are some freediving records including 11:35 in static apnea.

World records

I know some people who without any training hold their breath for 4 minutes or so using some dodgy techniques like hyperventilation but it doesn't have much sense to me.

David Blaine is the man.

1. Decide on your goal
2. Research
3. Work your ass off
4. Profit

Works every time

actually I'm starting to believe this is totally possible.

I just breathed heavily for like a minute and then stopped breathing, was able to hold it off for 2:35! Not bad for a gay webmaster!

with some training I can easily do more, and they said that it's easier under water because your body automatically adapts and uses oxygen more efficiently.

breathing, I dont even fucking think about it when im awake.. i bet i dont think about breathing for at least hours and hours on end. lol

I held my breath for almost 4 minutes in a hot tub in high school after a couple nights of practicing. The look on my friends' faces when I surfaced was priceless.

He describes it really well. Don't move, forget your body, clear your mind, focus through the pain and resist the urge to surface.

the ice thing is real.
some kid up here tried to walk the river trought ice, ice crushed and he was 'dead' for 30 mins before they took him out - he had no brain damage

Wonder what's the world record for holding your breath when your lungs are full of smoke?

the ice thing is real.
some kid up here tried to walk the river trought ice, ice crushed and he was 'dead' for 30 mins before they took him out - he had no brain damage

Anyone more interested in this type of phenomenon it has to do with freezing/chilling cells and then preventing cell damage when they 'thaw'

Netflix : National Geographic: Moment of Death

1085708.jpg