How to hide from suppliers?

sasquatch

May 14, 2007
Ok, I know about getting a new phone via google voice, mailbox forwarding, etc. But some of my suppliers want my home address information.

How do I keep them from finding out who we are?

The reason I need this is that they will get upset if they catch us selling below map pricing.

Any advice

There is no ethical way around it and I wouldn't want to try anything shady as it could potentially harm your reputation and make it hard for you to do business.

Ok, I know about getting a new phone via google voice, mailbox forwarding, etc. But some of my suppliers want my home address information.

How do I keep them from finding out who we are?

The reason I need this is that they will get upset if they catch us selling below map pricing.

Any advice

Perhaps a better thread title would be: Need help defrauding vendors!

Not sure. All I know is after you get sued for defrauding your suppliers, don't hire Brian Costello to defend you.

Perhaps a better thread title would be: Need help defrauding vendors!

Perhaps a better post from you would have been "Hi, I'm Sloop, and I'm A Fucking Retard".

He's not ripping off the vendors. The vendor gets paid their price no matter what. What he's doing is competing unfairly with OTHER resellers by selling below Minimum Advertised Pricing, capisce?

@OP- I hope you gag on a dick, phaggot. I would out you in a hot second for trying this. It's a horrible idea anyways- differentiate yourself some other way- not just price. And if you want to sell under MAP, fine, just don't advertise it- say something like "Price Too Low To Print!! Call NOW!"

Get me?

Virtual Office w/ PO Box?

Shell Companies or LLCs (If you're operating under your name without any company in between u dun goofed).

You're not going very far if you have to hide from your suppliers...

A better thread would be "How to negotiate with suppliers because I'm selling so much shit"

PM Grindstone... I told him the top 3 secrets to beating MAP pricing.
And as a guy that used to sell 200K+/month of MAP products, you can be sure this is the real deal!

How will they know if you truly live there or not? Google Maps a place out and tell them thats it.

That being said, if you use your power for good instead of evil, it will get you far ;]

I do not suggest you doing what you are thinking of doing.

However, regarding MAP, depending on suppliers and how strict they are: Coupon Codes, loyalty points, newsletters, review discounts, social media discounts, buy X get Y free, and other such tactics might be convenient. It also gets consumers more engaged with your brand, which if you aren't pushing crap, is a good thing generally. Not to mention that psychologically speaking, many of such tactics imply a better deal in the consumers mind even if it works out to be less of a deal for them (ie buy Product A at X price and get Product B FREE, if product B is worth 1/4 X, generally will seem like a better deal than get 30% off)

What a shitty idea. Suppliers with a decently high enough MAP are a godsend, why would you want to race to the bottom like this.

Get POBOX under company name, that way no one will see your true address or name.

What ever helps you make money, do it. I dont understand that people crying about using shady tactics. But I agree with galacon about "differentiate yourself some other way- not just price." or watch this and understand how apple pitch same product

Fuck you op. Vendors like you have made my life quite difficult for the last few years.

We've been having a big problem with vendors like this with our supplement. We use the model of distributing through Health Professionals at a wholesale price where they can then sell it in their clinics. We also do sell retail through our website.

Some of our vendors though take the product straight to Amazon and just start the undercutting wars. This really affects our ability to protect our B&M health professionals margins. Those dudes actually help grow our business.

Fuck you op. It's cool though... I now have our label printer increment a serial code on every single jar. I then have my fullfillment center scan those jars whenever an order comes in that matches the "amazon seller criteria". Buy the product back from vendors on Amazon and remove them from our system.

It's a little upfront cost but it'll make us more money. Next step is figuring out if we can fit something in our terms such as, "If caught selling on Amazon we reserve the right to invoice you for full retail price of the product you purchased over the last year".

Fuck you and fuck people like you. Build a business, stop being a bottom feeder.