How to get started as an IM

pixelgraffiti

Aug 18, 2011
Basically just want to get down to the nitty gritty. With lets say a 1000 dollar investment, What would be the best way to turn this into a nice monthly return? What would you do or did?(not asking for secrets)

I'm simply a Graphic designer that's been in the game for about 10 years now and I just got into the whole world of IM. I still read these forums and dont understand how easy it is to make money. I can put up sites all day long and have them looking amazing without much investment since I can do it all myself rather quickly. Get some content writers to fill up my pages on the keywords im targeting. grab some seo packages here on the forum. Sit back and enjoy the ride? Now I know there are bumps but is that the simple way of describing it?

Just curious peoples thoughts on this. For those of you that I have spoke to on Skype about this you have given me great info! I just want to get more of a range of ideas from other successful IMs.

Thx

I still read these forums and dont understand how easy it is to make money.
Easy? That's a very big assumption.

Start with a few mfa's as a baseline to get some monthly income.

Well..Designing a website from start to finish is easy for me and not for a big majority of the world. That is what I meant more of by easy. I'm sure all gurus of their own trade consider what they do "easy"

I actually have about 5 MFA sites i am getting ready to launch just to start getting a feel for things and actually get some positive motivation seeing even a small profit.

Pixel: I hope you are really not trolling so I'm actually going to give you a decent answer.

First read JBERN's and Eliquid's case studies on ranking a site. Second read Berto's 2000 post on what he has learned.

After that go in the noob section and read the sticky threads.

However, the biggest advice I can give you, is to read "The Millionaire Fastlane" and rethink your strategy.

Create a real 'business' vs. trying to just rank sites. Find/create your own products/services and don't be dependent on google ranking you.

Build a brand...

Pixel: I hope you are really not trolling so I'm actually going to give you a decent answer.

First read JBERN's and Eliquid's case studies on ranking a site. Second read Berto's 2000 post on what he has learned.

After that go in the noob section and read the sticky threads.

However, the biggest advice I can give you, is to read "The Millionaire Fastlane" and rethink your strategy.

Create a real 'business' vs. trying to just rank sites. Find/create your own products/services and don't be dependent on google ranking you.

Build a brand...

I appreciate the post. I'm actually looking for info, I can have several people I have met on these boards vouch for me.

Ive had several ideas on different sites to put up offering services others just haven't done. But I haven't gone through with any of them...

Don't design or build any of your MFA sites. Just build them on Wordpress or some other CMS, throw up a theme, monetize it and move on to the next site. Do constant link building to that site but don't waste your time on the design. There are tons of themes out there that are more then capable of doing the job. As a web designer, I am sure it will be hard for you, but don't waste all your time worrying about design details. Just build and move on.

Is it safe to say that if i focus on low comp nice traffic keywords and just keep building MFA sites I am just constantly increasing my monthly income?

Ignore all the MFA guys. If they talk about MFA, they don't know much shit about making real money. Forgive them for they know not what they do. The guy above that recommends about Millionaire Fastlane book knows his shit. Listen to him.

Ignore all the MFA guys. If they talk about MFA, they don't know much shit about making real money. Forgive them for they know not what they do. The guy above that recommends about Millionaire Fastlane book knows his shit. Listen to him.

You mad bro?

I have a close friend who's doing close to $3k a day with MFA sites and no we're not talking about adsense. There's more to MFA than adsense LOL, it's just a good starting point to get some cashflow going.

Cool story though.