How to get rid of extra space? DW HTML issue

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
So I added two banners to run down the sides of my newest site. One on the left, one on the right.. pretty simple right?

But now I decided to take the banners out because it makes the site look like shit.. so I deleted the banners and now my site is still longer and has extra space for where the banners used to be. I need to get rid of this extra space because it looks extremely awkward.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. seriously I'm completely lost when it comes to anything design related.

P.S. I apologize in advance for clogging this section lately with my extreme ignorance.

Sounds like there is either lingering CSS or table cells that have specific hieght properties where the banners used to be, without seeing the code it's hard to say. It's a bit too general to say without seeing it.

Reactions: mpbiz
yup, sounds like you left some code behind when you took them out. try this... in DW, go up to Commands, then click "clean up xhtml" and click ok. it should get rid of any empty tags you may have left.

if that doesn't work, and you dont want to PM someone your site so that the specific issue can be looked at, you can try putting negative margins on the content that needs to be moved up. (like... in the css, "margin-top:-20px")

Sounds like there is either lingering CSS or table cells that have specific hieght properties where the banners used to be, without seeing the code it's hard to say. It's a bit too general to say without seeing it.

That's it.

If you'd like us to look at it just paste your codview here. I'd guess you are using tables since if you are using DW in design view you probably aren't hand coding css :)

Reactions: mpbiz

That's exactly what it was. I went in and started messing with the height properties and now everything looks perfect. My bad on the delayed bump I've been busy as shit but I appreciate all of the help thanks again guys.