How to Cloak links on blogspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GridX

Mar 27, 2007
Hi guys,

I have been trying to cloak links on my blog at blogspot I do have the code, but when I past the code in my post (under edit html) it doesnt work, doesnt blogspot allow javascript codes?

how would one cloak a link on blogspot?

It can be done by frame, meaning that it
will put the affiliate URL in an invisible frame so the user will
only see the URL to your cloaked link and not the URL of the
website you are directing the user to. Or by javascript-encode the
source code.

I have the javascript code, and I put it in my post and it didnt work.

I dont want them to see my affiliate link, I want the to see the URL I decide to put in the post, a fake URL.

I have the javascript code that encrypted the url information and my affiliate url and link but when I tried to put that javascript code in my blogger blogspot post it didnt work. No url showed up!!

make redirect script on your host and make links like yourownhost.com/to1234
basically can be just implemented in .htaccess

Hi guys,

I have been trying to cloak links on my blog at blogspot I do have the code, but when I past the code in my post (under edit html) it doesnt work, doesnt blogspot allow javascript codes?

how would one cloak a link on blogspot?

Read this blog post and all the comments! Host your sales page on your own domain with any name you want and follow the directions to redirect an iframe in blogspot to it. Works nice.

Leveraging easy Affiliate Sales from Blogger

Will TinyUrl help?

Is it possible to change the url in tinyurl.com and then add that url to the post?

You can do it in Blogspot, You just have to add a page element. the Javascript page element.

I dont want to add a file to my host, but that's what I did anyway. I made a html file with the java script inside and had my url on the blogspot post redirect to that html file on another host/server. I dont want to use these methods anymore as you can still see the affiliate link. especially if the page loads slowly, all you have to do while it is still loading is hit ESC and the view source to see the hoplink or affiliate link.

It is much better to use a PHP redirect as everything is handled by the server and not the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.