How to access cpanel from another location?

chuongster

Nov 30, 2010
Louisiana
Currently, I am staying at my parents house to visit for a few days and when i try to access my cpanel it was block. I call my ISP and Hostgator, but it was no help. I need to open port 2082 or 2083 because they are behind a strict firewall apparently.

I try opening it through window firewall and my modem, but no luck. Right now my only option is trying cpanelproxy. If anyone have any solutions just let me know. Trying to get some work done this weekend.

What kind of hosting plan do you have? I can't imagine accessing cpanel being that difficult at all..then again I don't use hostgator so idk?

try yourdomain.com/cpanel, that's what it's like on my host, and then then type in your username and password..if that doesn't work then it looks like you aint getting shit done this weekend.

You may have to comment out the mod_rewrite code in your .htaccess file temporarily for your domain to get to those urls.

Try clean boot to drop your firewalls temporarily, just to see if they are the problem.

I've seen ppl complain on other boards about not being able to access cpanel from win7, but I can't remember the solution.

Another workaround would be to burn a copy of ubuntu live cd or another linux distro and boot from the cd, then access your cpanel from within linux.

I can connect using my window 7 ftp, but I can't connect to the cpanel.

".htaccess"

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
# Netscape 4.x has some problems...
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html

# Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip

# MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine
# BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

# NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48
# the above regex won't work. You can use the following
# workaround to get the desired effect:
BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

# Don't compress images
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI .(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
# Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content
Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

This might also be helpful:

cPanel Tutorial - cPanel Ports

You may experience issues with the non-standard http ports Cpanel works with. Usually Cpanel can be opened from:

Sometimes local firewalls allow only access to sites on port 80. In such cases, use the last URL. Note that the address "3" is a web based proxy which provides you with the option to access your cPanel via the default http port 80. We have set this extra service for our Customers which Internet Service Providers blocked ports 2082 and 2083.

Ok finally got it to work. I access the modem and change the firewall setting to none and it work. Apparently the modem firewall setting was on high so it block most of the port. Thanks for the help by the way.

Almost went through the process of Z push for iphone, but finally figure out the problem.