esomark

The Most Senior Member
May 20, 2009
Bath, UK
www.wiickedfire.com
How much would you pay for this domain name:

.co.uk
dictionary word that is 6 letters long
the same word gets 4 million searches per month from the UK and 7.5 million worldwide.
the site is already top for that word
the name was registered in 1996

No way to tell without knowing the niche. It could be $5, $1,000,000 or something in between.

$5 for a site thats top of a search-term that gets at least 4 million searches a month?

How much money would you put down if you didn't know the niche. (and its not religious or some crap like that, its easily monetizable)

6 character and dictionary word only matters if that particular word really needed in the domain name. So, i think its all depend upon the buyer's requirement and the niche.

How much would you pay for this domain name:

.co.uk
dictionary word that is 6 letters long
the same word gets 4 million searches per month from the UK and 7.5 million worldwide.
the site is already top for that word
the name was registered in 1996

Let's assume you used a low cost domain registrar and your annual cost was about $9.99. For the past 13 years you probably spent about $129.87. But if I remember back in the 1990s the domains were a lot more expensive, like $75 per year for .com, so I don't know exactly how much was spent to keep the .co.uk registered in the beginning. It wasn't cheap. So my estimate is that your mystery domain could be worth around $500.

As for the other characteristics, does this domain point to a developed website or is it parked or redirected? I know what you are trying to say, that your basis cost should be inflated by the potential revenue from keyword searches. I would ask for proof of earnings to establish current value.