How Much My Blog Worth?

Lombo81

Crap Member
Jun 21, 2011
I'm planning to sell one of my blogs (health related niche). It's an aged domain, 9 years old I purchased from go daddy’s auction. It wasn't an EMD one. It has 17 pages with main page’s PR 0 and some of its inner pages does have PR1.

I develop this blog back in early February this year, and it starts making money on March. It doesn't rank well for the main keyword yet but pulling visitors via bunch of long tail keywords. Here are the incomes generated from affiliate sales so far:

March - $280.91
April - $534.72
May - $268.13 so far (up to 10th of May)

I am not a domainer, so I have no idea how much is this worth and I’d really appreciate if someone could recommend me a good place to sell it. Thanks guys :)

monthly average x 12 is a general formula that I've used. I may be interested in your site if you can show proof of earnings + traffic.

monthly average x 12 is a general formula that I've used. I may be interested in your site if you can show proof of earnings + traffic.

Hey Jeffrey, thanks for your reply. Here are the screenshots of earning & traffic. Traffic doesn't look much but its conversion is quiet good. PM me if you're interested :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• earning-screenshot.jpg
    earning-screenshot.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 297
  • traffic-log.jpg
    traffic-log.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 293
Another screenshots for traffic

Last 30 Days Traffic
attachment.php

Recent Keyword Activity
attachment.php

Attachments

• last-30days-traffic.jpg
    last-30days-traffic.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 272
  • search-engines.jpg
    search-engines.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 275
interested

I'd be interested in talking to you about purchasing this. Please send me a message and we can discuss offline

Take the monthly average and multiple it by 12, then you got a decent number, and can try and sell it on flippa or what have you. That's the common method, granted you can also go higher if want, the value of your blog is really how much someone will pay for it, no different than any other auction like scenario.

Never try flippa but thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

I would also pay 12 months profit if the rankings look like they can sustain for a year, but Flippa is really a goldmine for sellers now.. I have seen so many bullshit sites go for 3 years revenue, I am seriously thinking of flipping sites as a new line of business...

PM me details too if you want, but I am not one to pay 3 years income lol..

I've been told that;

i) 2-3 months old site can only be sold for around 5-6x
ii) 1+ year old site can be sold for 12x or so
iii) Only for those premium domains with 3-4 years of consistent earnings can be sold for 24x revenue or more.

Sounds make sense to me, but I'd love to hear the opinion from you guys here, especially from the site flippers, domainers or whatever we call it.

for calculating the actual value of domain ,they take six months revenue and traffic in to account.Three months revenue is not enough,i myself has good 3 months revenue and traffic.did not get good offers

Blog

You really need to check out flippa.com. That site is a goldmine for people who can build a blog like the one you have.

That is really good income domain name, why are you going to sell it, earn profit from it.