How much data to determine a campaign is profitable?

JGDesign

JGDesign
Mar 10, 2010
San Diego
www.jongougeon.com
okay, so get the jokes, dick-rolls, and general hazing ready because this is a n00b post.

Here's the deal:

I've got my first somewhat profitable campaign up, and I have a few questions about proper scaling and the amount of data I need before proceeding. Currently I've got around 100,000 impressions with .08 CTR running CPM. Can I just increase my budget and the amount of impressions will adjust, or is it more complicated than that? Do I have to improve CTR in order to get more impressions? Is this even enough data to consider scaling? I've got a very small test budget of about $200, but it looks like I should be able to put more into it, as I'm starting to see some profitable results. Any suggestions on how to improve CTR on a biz op, or more effective ways of scaling a campaign other than throwing more money at it?

Thanks in advance,
JGD.

JGD,
Bottom line is if you profit on the $200 (doesn't matter how or what scaling) take the $200 you made back + the profit and do it again. This time test new landers, new ad text and perhaps split it against a similar offer that pays less (you'd be shocked how many times you make more $ doing that)

You went in probably expecting to lose the $200 so if you profit just put it right back in the bucket and chuck it.

Ah I see you're in SD. Just a note for a new marketer it is SO worth it to head to conventions and meet up with WFers. Just pretend you're elite and they will accept you. Haha.

JGD,
Bottom line is if you profit on the $200 (doesn't matter how or what scaling) take the $200 you made back + the profit and do it again. This time test new landers, new ad text and perhaps split it against a similar offer that pays less (you'd be shocked how many times you make more $ doing that)

You went in probably expecting to lose the $200 so if you profit just put it right back in the bucket and chuck it.

That's good advice, I'm hoping the next round of creatives I try out will be better anyway.