How many pages is too many pages?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
I'm in the process of setting up a new site for a plumbing company and wanted to know if there is any negative effects on having lots of pages?

I'm thinking of having a seperate page for every area within a 20 mile radius, this could mean the site would have between 50-100 pages.

Is there any problem (seo wise) in having a 100 page website?

Plenty of websites have a page for each state, when appropriate. So that's 50 pages at least.

More the better as long as they are location optimized, have unique content on all of them or so, all have unique page titles, you know, done proper. Interlinked, markup done right, address done correctly, CTA done right, phone number in a good spot, conversion forms done right, image file names, scaled, on and on.

Sure, do a 200 page contractor site, they rank like a boss.

If your going to put up 20 town pages with the same page titles, same content just different towns, blah....send them to someone who cares.

Create the site for the people bra.. It doesn't really matter how many pages there are on a site as long as there's traffic on each of them and all have unique and good content per page. Dont just copy and paste other article from other pages and replace the Town, county etc. Build a unique and helpful article and you'll be fine. Does the authority like ehow, wikipedia etc have limits on pages? nope

You can even target 1 or more keywords per page and it will rank as long as you dont care much about google and care about your readers

Zaino said it right, make each page valuable to your audience and BOOM! With local pages I recommend Schema markup with embedded maps, many links to local resources like the Chamber and NGOs that might lock to your site; makes for a good future linking opportunity.

Go big!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk