How many ads do you split test at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissarmy

Dec 17, 2008
I'm curious how many ads you split test when in testing mode?

Is there an amount that's too many to get some decent data?

2 - 4 - 6?

I'm curious if testing 6 ad variants is too many to start out?

Also... I read that there was a quota to the # of campaigns/keywords and ad groups you can put in a single campaign? Can someone tell me what that quota is or where I can read more about it.

Thanks

The more ads you test, the less data you'll get on each. It will take you longer to pick a winner from 6 than it will from 2.

So really it depends on your volume. If it's lower volume, test 2 at a time.

I usually do 3 or 4, but sometimes will do as many as 10 if there's enough volume that I won't be waiting 6 months for data.

yea, all depends on how much volume there is and how much money you are willing to spend. remember, each variation means that much more volume you need to send to each one. you need enough data to make an informed decision...

For each demographic within my campaign, I generally use 3 ads at a time, and only tweak for one factor at a time.

I usually start with the text, give that a second round tweak. Although if it's in a space that allows for images as well (i.e. MySpace), I'll tweak the picture first. Social sites: it's is all about the visuals.

As many as possible. You shouldn't limit yourself. The more combination's you could come up with, the more usual information you would have on hand.

But, like the others mentioned; if the keywords are low volume, it will take longer to experiment with your campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.