How long profitable?

W4teringen_west

Jan 4, 2010
Let's say you finaly hit a winning campaing, tagerting a demo of 30 million people, you get 2 million ad impressions a day (cap 4).

How long will the campaign stay profitable in your experience?

Yes i know it depends on this and that and yadiyadiyadi...

Let's say you finaly hit a winning campaing, tagerting a demo of 30 million people, you get 2 million ad impressions a day (cap 4).

Not sure what the size of my demo is but I've been running the same ad on the same site for well over a year doing 150k impressions a day and it has been profitable an average over that period. However the site does have 90% search engine traffic and no userbase so its very fresh traffic.

As long as you keep changing up your creatives I imagine a while. Also depends on what happens in the rest of the world that may drive up cpm/cpc costs.

Assuming this is a media buy, keep fresh creatives and maintain an average CTR that satisfies your ROI.

If your CTR starts to slip, change things up to maintain that average. I've had a similar buy where it's been 30 days before the creative gets stale. Other times it's been 14 days. As you said, it can depend on several factors.