How important is PR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed146

Still Hustlin'
May 23, 2007
Hi,

I just started a new blog on a new niche and wondering if PR 8 link would be an effective way to jump start my blog or is it too obvious?

Any thoughts?

Alot of people here will tell you PR isn't important, however if you're planning on selling the blog somewhere down the line, a high PR and a lot of high PR inbound links will definitely be a key selling point and help you sell alot faster. I have high traffic sites with no PR, and low traffic sites with high PR, so traffic and PR aren't really connected IMO.

If you are selling the blog in the future or planning to sell sponsored links on your blog, then PR is imp other than that it is just a green bar.

I wouldn't try too hard (buying) for links right now. Especially paid links. G00gle is pissed in general. Is there any way G00gle would know that there are links to be bought on that page? Do they have an advertising page or something?

They just bitch slapped a lot of sites for buying and selling links. Even large newspaper sites. This is just the beginning of that.

PR is 1) a selling point when you're marketing your website and 2) an ultra-rough impression of how google thinks of you. The number itself really doesn't matter for #2, but the change in PR does. For instance, did your PR decrease during the update? Did it increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.