how does slickdeals do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbball23

Sep 26, 2007
how do they get all their links to show up as their referral link? The people posting it are posting it going directly to the sales page - i.e. - if you look at the Nikon D40 Digital SLR Kit post - the dude has it posted going to amazon's site but slickdeals redirects you to h**p://slickdea*ls.net/?pno=12276&lno=1&afsrc=1 which then leads you to go here

h**p://www.amazo*n.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SDPMEI/ref=nosim/slickdeals

sorry bout the ** - i had to do that show it doesnt show up as the title of the page instead of showing the link

anyone have a clue?

My guess is that some creative PHP parses the posts and builds the redirect. I am building a shopping site myself and that is how I'd do it.

how do they get all their links to show up as their referral link? The people posting it are posting it going directly to the sales page - i.e. - if you look at the Nikon D40 Digital SLR Kit post - the dude has it posted going to amazon's site but slickdeals redirects you to h**p://slickdea*ls.net/?pno=12276&lno=1&afsrc=1 which then leads you to go here

h**p://www.amazo*n.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SDPMEI/ref=nosim/slickdeals

sorry bout the ** - i had to do that show it doesnt show up as the title of the page instead of showing the link

anyone have a clue?

they must bank off all those idiots over there

you aren't too clear but your talking about how it works here on wicked fire no?

Http://www.amazon.com

The link above is posted as yuou see (going staight. To amazon but when I click on "post" the wicked fire forum changes it to go through a wicked fire redirect

Is that what you mean?

no no. on slickdeals - when users post a link that goes to amazon's product - the system at SD automatically attaches it's ref. id and i just wanted to know how they do that without edited every link that gets posted on their site.

they must bank off all those idiots over there

lol yeah man. i didnt know about it until i was reading on their site that they wanted the users to use the links on their site to support them.

it's a quite useful site so i'm not complaining :bigear:, they provide a good service - err i mean the community provides a good service. they are just smart to cover up their aff links

Amazon's affiliate link structure is fairly straightforward, all the other links are probably taken from data feeds powered by a regex function.

this is really useful for wordpress, if you're blogging.
DCoda » WP_LinkIt

turns all your blogroll stuff into hyperlinks within posts. so you can set it up so that whenever you write "ringtones" or whatever, it'll send the user to your affiliate site.

Status
Not open for further replies.