How do you make/outsource new creatives

Washed

Jul 9, 2009
I have recently started my first real campaign and I just got it profitable, but I have noticed my CTR is quickly declining.

I believe my CTR decrease is due to my lack of posting up new advertisements . I am limited on the images I have and I have been making my own but my paint skills are terrible and it takes me way too long.

Basically: I would like to know how other affiliates make these mass amounts of banner ads? And where to go to get them done or outsource them too.

Stock photo websites, or Flickr if you're a tight arse. Just find a picture that suits your needs without any major editing, and use that.
Maybe impose a larger than life image of the product in question over the original picture in a corner, give it a drop shadow, make sure it stretches out past the border of the original. Linking two images in a single picture will link the concepts mentally for a lot of people.
"Oh hey, she's got a giant bottle of colon pills over the bottom left of her pic... she must be into ana--- diet pills"

Fireworks is easy to learn. Just master basic functions like HarveyJ mentioned, gradients, drop shadows, strokes, and filters. Cropping and other simple modifications are simple once you get the hang of it, then go from there.

Fireworks is easy to learn. Just master basic functions like HarveyJ mentioned, gradients, drop shadows, strokes, and filters. Cropping and other simple modifications are simple once you get the hang of it, then go from there.

I'm thinking I might try that for the time being. It didn't take very long to learn the basics of dream weaver.

If you can get a hold of it, you might as well try Photoshop CS4. I had trouble readjusting from Fireworks to Photoshop, but its much more powerful as far as creating web and some print graphics. Fireworks' edge is slicing and layout design, but that doesn't seem to be your primary goal.

For basic editing like this, Photoshop CS4 is overkill.
It's got a massive footprint, and takes ages to load unless you have a quadcore machine and 4gb of RAM.

Photoshop Elements can do most of this shit, or an older, less intensive version of Photoshop which can be gotten amazingly cheaply and legally.
I still have PS-CS2 installed without any plugins for basic edits because it loads a hell of a lot faster than CS4, and does nearly everything CS4 does anyway.

For basic editing like this, Photoshop CS4 is overkill.
It's got a massive footprint, and takes ages to load unless you have a quadcore machine and 4gb of RAM.

Photoshop Elements can do most of this shit, or an older, less intensive version of Photoshop which can be gotten amazingly cheaply and legally.
I still have PS-CS2 installed without any plugins for basic edits because it loads a hell of a lot faster than CS4, and does nearly everything CS4 does anyway.

But it can do a few more things than Lightroom, so you might as well go all out.

IMG_3638.jpg