How do you feel about your birthday?

lincolndsp

Oct 16, 2010
Just would like to ask how you guys and gals feel about your birthday?

When I was back at school I was happy about my forthcoming birthday and during it and so on.

For several years now I don;t know why but I really don't care - feel it just like a usual day.

just dunno if it's ok? so what's up with you?
btw, 26 today

waste of time, waste of money - thats how I feel. I feel patronized that people want to make me happy for one day of the year only.

On my birthday, I celebrate the day by spending time with the people that gave birth to me. Just spend a few hours with them. The rest of the day, I throw stones at the loch and think, "OH FUCK. I Need to Get Married Soon."

Well, my birthday is September 11th so it's pretty watered down and lame anymore.

I will feel so sad on my birthday, as I Miss all my nears and dears , who are absent...
sad+birthday.jpg

When I was back at school I was happy about my forthcoming birthday and during it and so on.

For several years now I don;t know why but I really don't care - feel it just like a usual day.

btw, 26 today

28 today myself... fucking blows to be honest with you, at least I got my iPhone

btw, 26 today
Birthdays, and most other celebrations for that matter, only feel special because they're made to be such a big deal for kids by their parents. As you get older and leave your childhood, you aren't going to get all that extra-special attention so it's normal for the days to not mean as much anymore.

When you get to my age, you'll see that a great birthday is best celebrated alone in the basement, in the dark, drinking whiskey until you black-out.

i really don't celebrate birthdays anymore, just another day really to me

good to know i'm not alone with such attitude=)

seeing my day's income more than yesterday's is a real holiday for me at my current phase

I just turned 20 a month and a half ago.. felt real bad man. Getting old sucks.

Same here, it didn't feel good.

I think 21 will be pretty big for me, I have some friends in their mid 20s that act like they're 18 and they can buy alcohol yet I have to hide in the car when I go because if the guys at the counter see me, they wont sell to anyone unless I come inside and show ID... I understand the laws and the reasons behind them but it still feels somewhat belittling. After 21 I probably wont care till 30.