How do I execute on my blog idea?

moneypowergrow

Jul 3, 2010
Okay. Good morning people. How are you all this morning? Good I hope.
So the idea I have, although not entirely unique, I think would do good as a blog. I just don't think I posses the savvy to execute it in a dope way. So as it stands now I am UNEMPLOYED.

I sat for a while thinking about why people like watching TV shows like The Walking Dead, or the old Trilogy Star Wars or the Marvel Cinematic Universe and many others. People like to see the protagonist in a story progress or undertake a journey from point A to Point B and overcome what ever adversity there is during the journey.

I also noticed above all else people like a rags to riches story. I want to approach creating a blog from the prospect of a shithead and a failure who is progressing upwards despite the winding roads, obstacles twist and turns that he has to meander. In this blog we're basically dealing with an individual who is at his wits end and won't stay down in the corner he has been backed into but has an endearing and humorous cynicism to him.
Essentially the message he is trying to spread is that just because your unemployed doesn't mean you have to just lie down and die. I think it has the potential to be inspiring although it is not a unique idea within itself.

Problems:

Social Media Execution:

So the problem is is that I think I know to little about social media. I have set up a blog already with another niche that I am semi familiar with but quit because I didn't have enough experience to turn that into a business. I have already written blog post and posted them to twitter and posted videos on my Instagram and Facebook linking them back to my blog post but I still know nothing about how to use platforms like Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Plus, or Snapchat. I know the general idea behind these mediums: You post stuff on there and people watch. The thing is I have no idea about strategies I can use to garner as much views to my content as possible.

YOUTUBE:
So I plan on creating video content without showing my face. I have a problem with shooting shitty quality video on the phone camera I have now. I can't afford the camera I want to shoot the kind of videos I want. I am currently researching ways that I can release good video content using animation and memes and stuff. A couple videos like DJ Akedemiks, Looper and WatchMojo give me an idea on how to do that but the again I feel like that technique might be kind of played out being that I don't think there is any originality anymore.

I AM INTROVERTED:

So when I was working I used to travel around NY and go outside a lot. When I stopped working I stopped going out because I now have to use that money to eat, pay whatever debts I have and use for transportation to interviews.
I feel like not going outside goes against the vision of what I want my blog to be which in turn makes it difficult to create content. I plan on just creating content on stuff like movies I watch, products I am interested in buying, YouTube videos I like, Technology News, Changes and nuances in current culture and artistic endeavors that I can practice being good at in an enclosed space like drawing or chess or something. I feel however that this too has been done before

ADVANTAGES:

Well currently I think the best resource I have on my side is time and unlimited internet access (Thank God I payed my internet bill for the entire year!!)

DISADVANTAGES:

Not enough experience.

No access to top tier software to edit videos or knowledge on programming and visual design to code my own UNIQUE website.

No money to spend on paid ads. I think this one of all is the one that hurts me the most. It might be good in the sense that it might lead to me coming up with ways to generate free traffic, which I know nothing about.

No top tier microphone to record podcast media

NO UNIQUE IDEA OR PRODUCT AND SERVICE OF MY OWN TO START!!

FINAL QUESTION:

Should I just wait until I have more money to start. I can swallow the bitter herb guys. If I don't have enough resources at my fingertips to carry this through now then the best thing I can do is probably wait. If not I can get started working on it tomorrow. I hear all kind of shit about unemployed bloggers going from zero to hero but I am very cynical when I hear them speak on it as almost everything cost money. I want to execute on realistic strategies that can actually put me ahead that I can apply NOW.

In the time it took you to write your forum post, you could have done
something constructive.

Figure out exactly what it is that you want to do and get busy doing it.
Sitting around asking other people what they think you should do is not
the way to make things happen.

If you are unsure, read a book or two about your topic. Amazon has
tons of kindles and paperbacks about everything under the sun. You
can also find lots of free information on the internet.

There is also a ton of info right here on this forum, take some time to
read thru the old posts. Seriously. A TON!!!

Get started now. Don't wait until all conditions are ideal. If you have
a computer and an internet connection and a strong desire to make
something happen, you can do it!!!

Good luck.

A blog idea is a great way of starting your own blog. You can start by reading the basics on how to start a blog for beginners. There are lots of youtube videos and websites that teach beginners on how to execute their idea.

Blogging is the best way to start, it`s easy, fast and interesting if you have good writing skills. idea is the most important part, so, just go for it

I just began to have a new website, a personal one. And I got two published articles and drafting my 3rd and 4th article. Any tips for a new blogger like me? Thanks!

How to Become a Blogger in 5 Simple Steps
Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
Start your blog by adding WordPress.
Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.

How to Become a Blogger in 5 Simple Steps
Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
Start your blog by adding WordPress.
Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.

I have started all of these except the adding of two key blogging plugins - what plugins do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

In the time it took you to write your forum post, you could have done
something constructive.

Figure out exactly what it is that you want to do and get busy doing it.
Sitting around asking other people what they think you should do is not
the way to make things happen.

If you are unsure, read a book or two about your topic. Amazon has
tons of kindles and paperbacks about everything under the sun. You
can also find lots of free information on the internet.

There is also a ton of info right here on this forum, take some time to
read thru the old posts. Seriously. A TON!!!

Get started now. Don't wait until all conditions are ideal. If you have
a computer and an internet connection and a strong desire to make
something happen, you can do it!!!

Good luck.

You might be right, because it looks like it took him 10 years to write that blog post.

He joined in 2010 and only has 2 posts lol

Okay. Good morning people. How are you all this morning? Good I hope.
So the idea I have, although not entirely unique, I think would do good as a blog. I just don't think I posses the savvy to execute it in a dope way. So as it stands now I am UNEMPLOYED.

I sat for a while thinking about why people like watching TV shows like The Walking Dead, or the old Trilogy Star Wars or the Marvel Cinematic Universe and many others. People like to see the protagonist in a story progress or undertake a journey from point A to Point B and overcome what ever adversity there is during the journey.

I also noticed above all else people like a rags to riches story. I want to approach creating a blog from the prospect of a shithead and a failure who is progressing upwards despite the winding roads, obstacles twist and turns that he has to meander. In this blog we're basically dealing with an individual who is at his wits end and won't stay down in the corner he has been backed into but has an endearing and humorous cynicism to him.
Essentially the message he is trying to spread is that just because your unemployed doesn't mean you have to just lie down and die. I think it has the potential to be inspiring although it is not a unique idea within itself.

Problems:

Social Media Execution:

So the problem is is that I think I know to little about social media. I have set up a blog already with another niche that I am semi familiar with but quit because I didn't have enough experience to turn that into a business. I have already written blog post and posted them to twitter and posted videos on my Instagram and Facebook linking them back to my blog post but I still know nothing about how to use platforms like Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Plus, or Snapchat. I know the general idea behind these mediums: You post stuff on there and people watch. The thing is I have no idea about strategies I can use to garner as much views to my content as possible.

YOUTUBE:
So I plan on creating video content without showing my face. I have a problem with shooting shitty quality video on the phone camera I have now. I can't afford the camera I want to shoot the kind of videos I want. I am currently researching ways that I can release good video content using animation and memes and stuff. A couple videos like DJ Akedemiks, Looper and WatchMojo give me an idea on how to do that but the again I feel like that technique might be kind of played out being that I don't think there is any originality anymore.

I AM INTROVERTED:

So when I was working I used to travel around NY and go outside a lot. When I stopped working I stopped going out because I now have to use that money to eat, pay whatever debts I have and use for transportation to interviews.
I feel like not going outside goes against the vision of what I want my blog to be which in turn makes it difficult to create content. I plan on just creating content on stuff like movies I watch, products I am interested in buying, YouTube videos I like, Technology News, Changes and nuances in current culture and artistic endeavors that I can practice being good at in an enclosed space like drawing or chess or something. I feel however that this too has been done before

ADVANTAGES:

Well currently I think the best resource I have on my side is time and unlimited internet access (Thank God I payed my internet bill for the entire year!!)

DISADVANTAGES:

Not enough experience.

No access to top tier software to edit videos or knowledge on programming and visual design to code my own UNIQUE website.

No money to spend on paid ads. I think this one of all is the one that hurts me the most. It might be good in the sense that it might lead to me coming up with ways to generate free traffic, which I know nothing about.

No top tier microphone to record podcast media

NO UNIQUE IDEA OR PRODUCT AND SERVICE OF MY OWN TO START!!

FINAL QUESTION:

Should I just wait until I have more money to start. I can swallow the bitter herb guys. If I don't have enough resources at my fingertips to carry this through now then the best thing I can do is probably wait. If not I can get started working on it tomorrow. I hear all kind of shit about unemployed bloggers going from zero to hero but I am very cynical when I hear them speak on it as almost everything cost money. I want to execute on realistic strategies that can actually put me ahead that I can apply NOW.

Pinterest is the best platform for your blog posts, here you mentioned that you have no ideas to use this kind of platform effectively. Pinterest has the power to drive more traffic to your blog, you can start with choosing the Best Blog Posts to Pin then invite people to click through the pin to visit your blog, etc. For your better experience, I would suggest you this praiseworthy article.

I hope it will help those who want to drive more traffic to their blog with Pinterest.

Get content ideas from your friends and family to execute blog ideas-
1. Find out what your customers need help with.
2. Find out what your sales team needs to know about prospects.
3. Find out what your support staff needs to know about customers.
4. Find out which posts are the most popular among readers.
5. Find out what individuals are working on.
6. Ask industry professionals for their finest advice.
7. Speak with professionals
8. Launch an email marketing campaign
9. Hold a brainstorming session with a group of people.
10. Pose a question to your peers.
11. Consider what you've learned
12. Consider what went wrong
13. Provide behind-the-scenes details
14. Turn your tale into a case study
15. Conduct interviews with your coworkers
16. Rank popular blog posts
17. Expand on points or subheadings
18. Read blog comments

Stand by what you love and create your content around that. Logistics like camera, microphone, and all that
can easily be borrowed, but ideas are not.

I wouldn't say that you should just sit and wait for the better situation and to have more money, as this can serve you as an excuse for a long period of time, and eventually you won't even start your blog or YouTube channel. Get over your fears, you don't have that much to lose except the money you invest in promotion but you can start with lower amount so that it doesn't bring you anxiety. Start writing blogs first if you're not comfortable with shooting videos, and after you relax a bit and start getting some results you can move on to this as well. Just be active and do something, start now, don't wait any longer.

If you want more visibility to your blog then you may boost followers from Sociallym so that you can gain more engagement to your account

I do agree that you should have resources but Most of the famous people have succeeded has started with no to less resources therefore best time start is now rather than postponing by saying no resources . The main things you should follow is to never give up as well as patience . And also give 100% from yourself which will drive results easily. Good luck with your work my friend

I would suggest, not to hold back. Carry on with the writing. Let the words flow to you.