How do I effectively start PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toppymoney

ist brüno
Jan 2, 2009
Your Mom's House
What is the most efficient way to find a profitable campaign when you're getting started. Should I create a certain number of campaigns per day, if so at what budget? In other words, what is the most effective method to finding a profitable campaign. Is there a certain rate that I should follow? Just looking for your opinion......

I am interested in the answer too.

I set up a $10 test with my adwords activation fee and when I said that in #cakes I was laughed at. I deposited $50 for a second test, and was laughed at again.

What is a reasonable budget to find if a campaign is profitable?

Depends on you.

If you just need a guideline:

5 * 100 / average conversion percentage for the offer

So, if your offer has a 1% conversion rate:

5 * 100/1 = 500 clicks.

So, if the above offer has a CPC of $1, you will have to spend $500 to test.

If you have less money to test, start with offers which have high conversion rates (read: don't require users to pull out their credit cards), and low CPC.

You can get ROI from a minuscule investment. I multiplied my first adwords voucher 4 or 5 times getting lucky with a certain cheap keyword. Micro-arbi can work but it's not worth the effort.

You can overcome promotion budget weakness with some creativity and sweat equity. Instead of jamming people into CPA or MFA's, perhaps something community oriented, or a service, or content. You'll have many more low or no-cost opportunities to promote it, and the fight for keywords will generally be less desperate, so instead of a $50 adwords spend for 0% ROI, you can think of it as $50 for 500-1000 targeted subscriber or member prospects, which is a pretty good deal.

What is the most efficient way to find a profitable campaign when you're getting started. Should I create a certain number of campaigns per day, if so at what budget? In other words, what is the most effective method to finding a profitable campaign. Is there a certain rate that I should follow? Just looking for your opinion......

Are you direct linking or using landing pages ?

I use direct linking to test an offer for around 100 clicks to see if it is profitable. Make sure you play around with your ad and get a good CTR and this is converting at the back end. One thing I found helped was just focusing on email and zip submits to start with - because it's such a low payout - i.e $1.00 - $1.40 - it trains you to be really tight with your bids on your keywords and focuses your mind on making profit - just something i found really helped and meant i did'nt lose much cash when testing.

Once you have found a profitable offer then start to step it up by investing in landing page etc.

And don't think Google = $$$$$$$

Try MSn or Yahoo - I found MSN to be alot easier to use and more importantly with less traffic you can test far more accurately.

Just what has worked so far for me - good luck.

Rich

For credit card submits it should be around 2% conversion rate and non credit it should be above 10% and ofcourse you need to be making money from the campaigns.

I use direct linking to test an offer for around 100 clicks to see if it is profitable. One thing I found helped was just focusing on email and zip submits to start with - because it's such a low payout - i.e $1.00 - $1.40 - it trains you to be really tight with your bids on your keywords and focuses your mind on making profit - just something i found really helped and meant i did'nt lose much cash when testing.

This is the worst advice I've ever heard.

Everyone is different toppymoney. My advice would be to

• pick the niche you want to go into with an affiliate manager
  • make sure you go for something that is making people money
  • set your budget at an amount you can afford to lose
  • take a look at what others are doing in the niche
  • do something similar, make it your own
  • build a keyword list using the adwords, adcenter or ysm tools
  • set up your campaigns and write your ads
  • track your traffic with Prosper202 or similar
  • watch your stats and find keywords / phrases that work and build on them
  • watch your stats and find keywords that don't work and get rid of them
  • be prepared to break even or lose some money at first
  • test, test, test, test
  • profit

haha I'm surprised there hasn't been one link yet to makemoniesonline.

Anyway thanks for the information to those who've posted. I'm trying to get into PPC myself at the moment, so kudos to those giving out beginner information.

just depends man. if you spend $1000 in a day you're going to get a certain amount of info, if you spend $25 a day you're going to have to test longer to get the same info. Some people like to do a low spend and spread it over a week's time so you can get a look at how your campaign does on different days of the week. This can give you a good look at what you can expect from day to day.

This is the worst advice I've ever heard.

Everyone is different toppymoney. My advice would be to

• pick the niche you want to go into with an affiliate manager
  • make sure you go for something that is making people money
  • set your budget at an amount you can afford to lose
  • take a look at what others are doing in the niche
  • do something similar, make it your own
  • build a keyword list using the adwords, adcenter or ysm tools
  • set up your campaigns and write your ads
  • track your traffic with Prosper202 or similar
  • watch your stats and find keywords / phrases that work and build on them
  • watch your stats and find keywords that don't work and get rid of them
  • be prepared to break even or lose some money at first
  • test, test, test, test
  • profit

And that's great advice ? "Set a budget at an amount you can afford to lose" - quality. At least my advice was aimed at capping his losses whilst testing and not the usual approach of throw money at it until you can't afford to anymore - lol so funny.

So how is he going to get to your last point "profit" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.