How can we estimate a website which only sell links ?

hugues26

Jun 20, 2009
Hello,

Many websites sell links nowadays to make more money and I wanted to know how could we estimate such a site ?
I explain : for example, a website which sells for 100$ of links by month. Do we have to estimate it at 12*100$ = 1200$ , that is to say, normal price ?

More ? Because the seller won't want to sell his site the price he can earn in one year, doing nothing ? (for example 24 *100)

Less ? Because except these links, the site has nothing ... ?

Thank you for your answers
Regards :)

We dont estimate site on the basis of link sale.
This could be an advantage but certainly not the main criteria in my book if I'm looking to buy a site. Ask for the number of UV per day and per month. Also, ask for any sale its making apart from link sales.

I disagree when you multiply 12 by an arbitrary dollar amount and say it is a normal price. That is not normal, that's lazy. I recommend the OP study a few website valuation articles. That should address a lot of the common questions.

hxxp://articles.sitepoint.com/article/web-site-valuation-guide

hxxp://www.seomoz.org/ugc/buying-online-businesses-based-on-evaluation

We dont estimate site on the basis of link sale.
This could be an advantage but certainly not the main criteria in my book if I'm looking to buy a site. Ask for the number of UV per day and per month. Also, ask for any sale its making apart from link sales.

I ask this question for a website which ONLY earns money selling links, and having no other type of earnings (lead,...)
In this case, I don't think the number of UV per day is important...

I disagree when you multiply 12 by an arbitrary dollar amount and say it is a normal price. That is not normal, that's lazy. I recommend the OP study a few website valuation articles. That should address a lot of the common questions.

hxxp://articles.sitepoint.com/article/web-site-valuation-guide

hxxp://www.seomoz.org/ugc/buying-online-businesses-based-on-evaluation

It's not an arbitrary dollar amount but it's what the site earns every month...
*12 is just an approximate price but of course, many factors have to be seen to have the exact price of a website...

So my question is : How can we estimate a website wich only earns money selling links ?

Quick Question - Why do you want to buy a site which is linking to hundreads of other sites (I assume you dont own those sites)? Do you plan to sell links as well from it?

Quick Question - Why do you want to buy a site which is linking to hundreads of other sites (I assume you dont own those sites)? Do you plan to sell links as well from it?

In fact, I have some sites which only sell links and I would like to know how much I could sell them :)

If we consider that there is no trafic,anything but the links... I assure it's possible, I have some websites which have no trafic and have links :)

So, I will ask you the question in another way :

How much would you buy a website which earns 100$/month only with links (no trafic, no other earnings) ?