How can I do this?

mGrunin

Jul 18, 2009
NY, US
I run my own product through several different traffic channels, and I'm trying to figure something out. On the first page, I have a large live chat button, and that is the only call of action on the page I give the visitor.

Now, I want to find out through which traffic channel does the visitor last least 1 minute in the live chat the most. I have the traffic going to the same landing page.

Basically, once the visitor hits the 1 minute mark in the live chat, I want to automatically record from which tracking (subid) that visitor came from.

Any idea's on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I am assuming you would either unique subs for all visitors or just one ID for each traffic source and then also track the time on site/visitation time. Then just sort your data.

From the sounds of it, if you didn't want to get too complicated, it could all be tracked in Google analytics. Just use unique campaign source URLs, then use their time on site visit data.

I am assuming you would either unique subs for all visitors or just one ID for each traffic source and then also track the time on site/visitation time. Then just sort your data.

From the sounds of it, if you didn't want to get too complicated, it could all be tracked in Google analytics. Just use unique campaign source URLs, then use their time on site visit data.

I'm looking for a way to automate this though.

I assume the video chat opens in a new window right? Using javascript set a timer for a minute and then use a AJAX call to a backend script to record the data.

Reactions: mGrunin
I assume the video chat opens in a new window right? Using javascript set a timer for a minute and then use a AJAX call to a backend script to record the data.

^^ use this, should be your easiest fix as you'll just have to add a few lines of code. If tracking is on a different domain, you'll have to hit a php page on the same domain to pass the subid through curl to domain2.

Reactions: mGrunin